Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Fair solution to transportation???

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:35 PM
  • 21 Replies

DH is currently CO to do all transportation, because BM does not drive. However, BM is moving 3 hours away.

So to see SD every weekend, we spend 60 in gas right now. But it will cost 160 to see her ONE weekend a month, once BM moves.

So I was looking for cheaper solutions and the bus fair for there would be 19 dollars, back with SD would be 44. Same in the opposite direction.

So here's my thought -

BM brings SD here. Reason for it, if DH went to get SD on Friday's it's a 6 hours round trip - after work, he wouldn't get home until 11 or 12 that night, with SD in tow. But BM can't work, so she chould have SD here by like 6 and be home by 9 or 10. It will cost her 63 dollars. DH would meet her at the bus station

Then DH take her home on Sunday's - have her home by 6 or 7 on Sunday's and then he'd be home between 9 an 10 and it will cost him 63 dollars.BM would meet him at the bus station..

DH is all for it - he's going to bring it up to BM - SD is WAYYYYYYY to young to ride alone. So a parent has to pick her up.

by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ejsmom4604
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:40 PM

That sounds pretty fair. 

soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Sounds fair. Is he currently receiving any credit for transportation in CS?

....ClvrScn.
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:53 PM

No.. he didn't know to ask for it when the court ordered all transportation to him

Quoting soonergirl980:

Sounds fair. Is he currently receiving any credit for transportation in CS?

RigPrincess85
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Dang that sucks. It sounds fair though.

:( my DH has a hard enough time getting BM (who lives 7 hours away) to meet half way. She has NEVER met halfway. Even though its court ordered to meet halfway, she always has an excuse and doesn't drop the bomb till a day or two prior at which point SD5 is already so excited to go visit. Sucks.
jules2boys
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Seems reasonable to me.  I wouldn't do the bus here, but our bus system here isn't that convenient, or safe. (it never seems to 'go' where I'd want/need to go without taking 3 times as long as the trip should take) 

How old is SD again?  Is she up for a 3 hour bus ride each weekend, each direction? 

mouthyhousewife
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Have you looked at the actual bus schedules between there and where you're at? It may be a 3 hour drive, but the busses run diferently. They have routine stops, transfers and even lay overs. 

My DH sometimes takes the bus from Grand Rapids to Bay City (a 2.5 hours drive) and some times its a 4 hour bus ride, and sometimes its 14 hours.  

CometGirl
by Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Since your DH is CO'd to do all transportation shouldn't he be paying the $63 for both ways?

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:07 PM

How is she going to bring them to you when she doesnt drive? Why can she all of a sudden do this?

CodeBlue
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Every once in a while I wonder if you read...

Did you not see the term bus used approximately 1 bijillion times? As far as I know BM would be on the bus, not driving it...

Quoting baparrot2:

How is she going to bring them to you when she doesnt drive? Why can she all of a sudden do this?

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I stand corrected.

OP, ignore my ignorant ass question.

Quoting CodeBlue:

Every once in a while I wonder if you read...

Did you not see the term bus used approximately 1 bijillion times? As far as I know BM would be on the bus, not driving it...

Quoting baparrot2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN