Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Kidisms - What have your children said that gives you a chuckle?

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:58 AM
  • 18 Replies

I was listening to NPR Radiolab last night and there was a story about divers rescuing a humpback whale that was caught in crab traps.  In any case, it brough to mind that my SS used to call humpback whales, front-back whales.  He also used to call me "Minty," instead of my old nickname "Missie."  Any kidisms that make you chuckle?

by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

My daughter said she was going to call CPR on me for not stopping at McDonalds because she was starving.

Yes, CPR.

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Fridgerater is Fridg-a-later

cookies is coo yo's

earrings was wee wee's

PiscesMommy021
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Last Monday we had a storm and it was raining really hard and my daughter was looking through the glass screen door and said " wow. The clouds sure have to Pee a lot. They must have been holding it for a long time.".... I couldn't do anything but laugh... I of course giggled to myself...

*ETA- My dd is almost 6 yrs old, her birthday is at the end of June.
soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

My YDD is an unintentional ham

Me: YDD why did you put your earrings in your slippers. YDD: its the safest place for them if a robber came Me: lol yes im sure your earrings would be the first thing he went for YDD: you didnt let me finish if a robber came and brought his daughter she wouldn't find my earrings in my slippers

YDD: can i go to bathroom while you go shopping Me: you are not going to the bathroom by yourself someone might take you YDD: I can defend myself im cute but im vicious

When she was like 2 or 3 shortly after thanksgiving she came up to me and said mama can I have some pay in the bitch. I was like what did you just say? She said can I have some pay in the bitch. Now this went on for like 3 minutes and I swear that is what she was saying pay in the bitch my DH was laughing his butt off. Finally I figured it out she wanted some pie in the fridge.
Zaticia
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this

My sd from my first marriage had an issue with pronouncing t's.  She also had a fascination with trucks, as most young children do... so yeah, instead of firetruck, it was firefuck.  Considering that we lived by a firehouse, we heard this quite often.

bertaboo1
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Driving back from Indian Springs i hear dd tell ss what's wrong with you...ss4 said...I'm your little brother. ..im sposed to annoy you...lol
chanizen
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Dd walked around for Halloween.  T each and every house, when they asked what she was for Halloween, she announced her first and last name,  She was 2.  She was wearing a princess dress for all of 5 minutes.  Then it was a pumpkin shirt and fairy wings,

HighRoadToPnH
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this
SS 3 at the time has always had a hard time with pronouncing the letter "S". We were at the park and he picked up a couple sticks and gave me one to hold. And when he said stick it totally sounded like he was saying Dick

So he was like: I have a dick! I have a BIG dick!

Then he went up to some strange man, pointed at me and said "look! (my name) has a dick!"

Awesome! Lmao
Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Quoting baparrot2:

My daughter said she was going to call CPR on me for not stopping at McDonalds because she was starving.

Yes, CPR.

Glad I'm not the only one who got threatened for not stopping at McDonalds....only with my girls it wasn't cpr it was the school hall monitor lol

Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Came home to an interesting smell.  Saw the toaster was out with a note "broke it".  Asked SD (then 14) what happened.  She had put some boca burgers in the toaster. 

Me: "Why?"

Her: "They're toaster shaped."

That struck me as pretty danged funny.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)