Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kidisms - What have your children said that gives you a chuckle?

Posted by   + Show Post

I was listening to NPR Radiolab last night and there was a story about divers rescuing a humpback whale that was caught in crab traps.  In any case, it brough to mind that my SS used to call humpback whales, front-back whales.  He also used to call me "Minty," instead of my old nickname "Missie."  Any kidisms that make you chuckle?

by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Replies (11-18):
Zaticia
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 4:31 PM

lol... that's awesome - totally just laughed out loud with that one!

Quoting HighRoadToPnH:

SS 3 at the time has always had a hard time with pronouncing the letter "S". We were at the park and he picked up a couple sticks and gave me one to hold. And when he said stick it totally sounded like he was saying Dick

So he was like: I have a dick! I have a BIG dick!

Then he went up to some strange man, pointed at me and said "look! (my name) has a dick!"

Awesome! Lmao

mamaBerg85
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this
The best one is when my little sister was like 3 she used to call diaper cream sour butt scream because she thought it looked like sour cream.
reava
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 5:06 PM
My daughter told me that she is not a Baptist, she is an acrobat..
SassyMom25
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this

When ODD was 2-3 she said that 'we need some batteries', when I took her and my mom to the store. She was so dutchy at the time that my mom thought she said 'we need a bag a weed'. We laughed so hard after I corrected it, but that's what it sounded like to me afterward too.

She also calls Dairy Queen, Jerry Queen and Pizza Hut is Pizza Hunt.

ChelseNichole
by Chelse on Jun. 15, 2013 at 6:37 PM
2 moms liked this

SS5 says "Greils" instead of girls. 

My Mom's goddaughter...(4) when playing hide and seek...after counting..instead of saying "ready or not, here I come" she says "never or not here i come" LMAO

laughnchica
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:57 PM

DF's daughter always says "BOOTY and the Beast" instead of "Beauty and the Beast" lol. It's pretty adorable

progressandjoy
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:48 PM
2 moms liked this
Dick Ticklies.

SS and I were taking my mom a large bouquet of flowers. SS wanted to carry it, but they kept falling against the seat. I was worried they would get smashed so I said, "Try to hold the flowers upright, so they don't lean against the seat. If you're having difficulties holding them, let me know and I can carry them for you."

We were about halfway to my mom's house, when SS announced - "Prog, I'm having dick ticklies." I was shocked. I whirled around to look at him and he held the flowers out and said, "You can carry them now." I could hardly contain my laughter.
laughnchica
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this

My DF's daughter right after she turned 2 had issues saying the letter D...especially when saying "duck". She had a rubber ducky in her bath toy collection and instead of "DUCK" it would come out "COCK". She would always yell about wanting her "cock" during bath time. One time at the store she saw a duck toy and literally screamed "Daddy! Look at that cock!!! I want that cock!!!!" We were MORTIFIED but trying not to laugh at the same time. Thankfully a couple months later she mastered the "D" to "duck" lol

And for the longest time...she called fish, birds. Not sure how that worked. 

Quoting Zaticia:

My sd from my first marriage had an issue with pronouncing t's.  She also had a fascination with trucks, as most young children do... so yeah, instead of firetruck, it was firefuck.  Considering that we lived by a firehouse, we heard this quite often.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured