Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Fighting w SO :(

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:42 PM
  • 3 Replies
I am a BM of ds18 and ds15 w ex and ds2 months w SO and sm Figure of ss 12, 10 and 5.

My ds15 is a trying kid. He has ADHD / odd. Which isn't an excuse but just so you understand what we are dealing with.

ss10 is young for his age and can be annoying and attention seeking.

Last night ss10 kept jumping on ds15 bed and messing it up and ds15 kept telling him to stop. He was welcome in the room but he didn't want him jumping on his bed. I did not know about this and neither did SO.

Today he did it again when ds was not home. He then left on errands w SO. Ds came home and was mad so he messed up ss10 bed and then came and told me. I told him to fix his bed and tell SO to handle it.

When they came back ds told SO and he told ss not to go in ds room. Ds said ss could go in just please don't jump on bed.

Apparently ds knocked over some of ss shit and he acted like a gigantic drama queen and told SO. He then came and told me. I tried to tell him what happened and he got ALL PISSED OFF at me for knowing about it. He then went outside. I went outside and tried to finish telling him what happened and he just threw EVERYTHING ds does at my face and tells me I don't discipline him. So I got pissed off and told him well did he want me to take my kids and leave for awhile so he could celebrate Father's Day w HIS kids. He said no if he wanted that he would leave. I was still mad so I went on a walk w the baby

I came back and he was calm. i apologized for not handling it right and asked what he suggested I'd done and he had no input and just again complained about everything ds does. I then told him why didn't he just tell ds when he was doing something he didn't like instead of telling me and he said "I'm not his father" WELL NO SHIT. So he just wants to complain on my ear about it then? How about if I complained about everything the skids do that annoy me? Oh but I won't because that's mean and it's all normal kid shit.

I am hurt and mad.
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Graceplustwo
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Im sorry that is a crappy situation. SO is totally out of line, esp after you came back and apologized .I would be hurt too. Not fair for him to attack your children and throw in your face that he isn't their dad. Is their BF around?
viv212
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Ugh I hate going back and forth like that. My SO was sort of calling out what my dd does so I told him if he wants to start that, we can. All that will happen is we will start picking on the kids and feelings will get hurt.
Curb it now. Maybe a house meeting? Rules need to be set and talked about in front of everybody. Everybody needs to respect everybody. If that means you might need to discipline more, than that's what it means.
faerie75
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:20 PM
They have a dad but he has always been half ass and lives far.

SO apologized to me and my ds apologized to ss10 but there is some lingering tension. It will blow over but im sure we will have the same argument in 6 months. I guess arguing about it every 6 months isn't so bad.

Quoting Graceplustwo:

Im sorry that is a crappy situation. SO is totally out of line, esp after you came back and apologized .I would be hurt too. Not fair for him to attack your children and throw in your face that he isn't their dad. Is their BF around?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)