Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

BM wants to have dinner with DH and SS

Posted by   + Show Post

for SS's 12th birthday. They aren't friends but they are somewhat civil, they co-parent a bit although BM mostly does what she wants. Is BM's request appropriate? Should DH go?

Wife, Mother and Career Woman living in Jamaica

by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Replies (101-102):
chanizen
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I've been there! Dh and I sometimes "reset" very loudly.... Good luck.

Quoting leegirl_jm:

Thanks Chan :)

I am not even sure what specifically I am upset about but he has a long list of unacceptable behaviour coming to him and I am sure he has my list coming as well. We are due for a purge I suppose :)

Quoting chanizen:

Why?

To a certain extent, they ARE a family. Sd's family,

My dh being father to my ss is not a threat to me. And if a person has an issue with ss a stepchild having a family which includes bm AND dh, don't EVER become a sm. Ever.

Understanding that is really important in a step family. In fact, look at the posts where BM does NOT consider the father to be part of the child's family. That is a really dirty. Well, sm does not get to determine that the stepchild cannot consider both parents family. And the stepchild wanted his family at his birthday,

I totally love Lee. She makes me really happy and has a wonderful sense of humor. But my bet is: this is much more related to HOW her dh went about it than the dinner itself.

Dinner is just dinner. Who cares. It's an hour or two of semi awkward conversation. Nbd.

MY OPINION ONLY: this is much more related to how dh treated her in This instance and not wanting that to continue than it is to dinner. Lee is far to smart, secure and balanced to have this be about dinner. By a long shot.

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 5:48 PM

I'm just picturing DH's response to BM asking him to have dinner with her and SD... LMAO

He wouldn't even discuss it with me before saying no thank you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)