Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BM & I's walk

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:22 AM
  • 6 Replies

so Sd texted me and wanted me to come get her during BM's time. I told her no it was her mom's time. well I had to have BM sign a paper for girl scouts. When I went over SD jumped in my car and refused to get out. So I told her to stay there we(BM and I) were going for a walk. 

We talked about why SD was upset. and BM asked me why SD loves and respects me more than her. I told her because DH and I put our creations, before ourselves. That I thought SD needed sometime with just her, without her boyfriend. That she needed to be the center of her attention. I told her if I was ever single(god forbid) my kids wouldn't even know I had a boyfriend because he would be eow until they were out of the house. 

so I get on fb today and her and bf got engaged(again)over the weekend. SD found out via facebook(again).

I am dumbfounded. obviously my advice was not taken. but this is going to push her and SD even further apart.  

so how do I talk to SD about her not feeling like she has a say in her life or like her mom loves her? and why is BM so stupid?

Kasi Lynn, Calvin David, & Lilith Jade's Mommy
The Work will wait while you show the child the RAINBOW, but the rainbow won't wait while you do your work.

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MommySabs
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:29 AM
I can't imagine finding out about a huge life event by Facebook. It would break my heart.
leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I don't think getting engaged (again) to this person is a major life event, they may not even get married at the rate they are going.

SassyMom25
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:43 AM

My guess is that BM thinks there is a difference between him being a boyfriend and a husband and that SD will be more accepting of a husband. Completely selfish on her part, since she is still essentially ignoring the main issue.

MommySabs
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Good point I missed the (again)'s.

Quoting leegirl_jm:

I don't think getting engaged (again) to this person is a major life event, they may not even get married at the rate they are going.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Some women just don't get it at all.
weaveress
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:17 PM

last time they moved in together 2 weeks later. 

Quoting leegirl_jm:

Kasi Lynn, Calvin David, & Lilith Jade's Mommy
The Work will wait while you show the child the RAINBOW, but the rainbow won't wait while you do your work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)