Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Was trying to be nice- unintentional overstep?

Posted by   + Show Post
Locally we have a pro-football player that hosts a free football camp at the local university. It's a cool thing where he brings pro players and the kids get to work with them and meet them and get free shirts and stuff as well. All three boys (my two and dss). Are signed up. Dh reminded bm that it is coming up (on her Saturday). She asked if she is able to just swing by and drop dss off there. Then we found out that an adult must be present to sign each child in or they won't be allowed in ( reasonable IMO). So dg let her know she woul have to get out and sign him in. I ( through dh I didn't speak to bm). Offered to pick dss up in the morning and bring him Bc I have to bring my boys anyway so no problem I can help her out. Apparently bm was very offended I offered and got angry and told dh to butt out she would handle it, she doesn't need me.

That's fine I'm not offended, I never presumed that she did, I just figured I could lend a hand if I was going anyway and I had brought the boys last year and I know it can take a while to sign in. Unintentional overstep?
She has seemed to be less confrontational lately and I'm worried that by trying to be what to me was just being nice I rocked the boat and now the contention is going to start again.
Crap mommysabs fail!
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Replies (11-20):
MommySabs
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:09 PM
2 moms liked this
Haha say what you always brighten my day :)

Quoting saywhat2102:

Sounds like she's on the rag. :-/

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I honestly don't know why that is overstepping or why it would make her made. It's an offer I would make to any friend of dd or to any parent who maybe makes a comment that they can't get their kid somewhere that my kid is already going. For example: we have the same thing with volleyball camp. One mom was telling another mom that she didn't know how she could make the 445 drop off. I mentioned to my mom friend well I could take her (I know the other mom but wasn't a part of the convo). She mentioned it to the other mom and she was so appreciative and gave me a call to set it up. Moms helping moms out. What's wrong with that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bottomline
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:28 PM

If that is an overstep, bm needs serious mental therapy. She is obviously looking at anything to pounce on, so she can feel justified being a bitch. Ridiculous!

I dealt with the same kind of bm. You couldn't please her handing over the winning lottery ticket. Seriously.  She is still a bitch, 16 yrs later.

saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Hehehe! :-*

Quoting MommySabs:

Haha say what you always brighten my day :)

Quoting saywhat2102:

Sounds like she's on the rag. :-/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommySabs
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Yeah that was my mentality about it. I would have offered for any kid I know. It didn't say a parent had to sign them in just an adult.

Quoting momof2ex1:

I honestly don't know why that is overstepping or why it would make her made. It's an offer I would make to any friend of dd or to any parent who maybe makes a comment that they can't get their kid somewhere that my kid is already going. For example: we have the same thing with volleyball camp. One mom was telling another mom that she didn't know how she could make the 445 drop off. I mentioned to my mom friend well I could take her (I know the other mom but wasn't a part of the convo). She mentioned it to the other mom and she was so appreciative and gave me a call to set it up. Moms helping moms out. What's wrong with that?

jules2boys
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Overstepping isn't in OFFERING something, IMO, it's in doing without being asked, or it truly not being necessary.  Anyone can ask, offer, think, or feel what they want.  Neither you nor BM would be out of place.  You (through DH) didn't say 'well, BM, mommysabs will come get DS from you since you can't get out of the car to sign him in', he simply let your offer be known.  On her part, a polite "no thanks, I've got it covered' would be all that was necessary. 

I don't think you overstepped and it seems BMs reaction was 'expected' on some level by you/DH.  Maybe DH could have simply said 'sorry, BM, we found out that an adult must sign the players in and be present the entire time the kids are there.' and let BM ask for help if she wanted/needed it? 

laughnchica
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Definitely not an overstep. You were just trying to make things a little easier. Maybe she was just having a insecure day?

rebeccasmly
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:47 PM

It doesn't sound like overstepping to me. Sounds like something people offer to do for others, regardless of relationship, to help the other out. I've made similar offers to family members and friends and they've made similar offers to me. I would blow it off personally.

Birdseed
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this

You didn't overstep.  You offered to be of help.  And if she doesn't want that, fine.  

Sometimes, you can't win for losing.

LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:38 PM

You MUST point this gem of a human out to me Saturday AM whilst I am in my hung overed glory....

You're one of the nicest crazy bitches I know.  ;)  

I know you just wanna be a child snatcher.....those skids are like gelflings to you!!!!  LMAO

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured