Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

That JUST happened

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:48 PM
  • 11 Replies

The weirdest thing happened today.  This morning DH left for work and I was going to be home with all four kids all day (SD6,DD6,DS5, and DS2) by myself.  That's not a huge deal but on top of that I had a 6-8 page research paper that I needed to write during that time period.  I texted DH a couple of hours into the day and asked him if I could please just focus on the kids and him give me a couple hours later that evening after he was home, to foucus on my paper. He said that he didn't want to do that because then he would have to make dinner alone and wouldn't get to see me as much.  We ended up getting into an argument because each of us thought the other was being selfish.  I finally told him that fine I would do my paper but that I was going to ask BM if she could take SD for the day so that I could "lighten my load" a little and because none of the kids were having much fun anyway because I wasn't able to entertain them. He flipped out and told me no way, that it was his parenting time and that BM was not getting SD on his parenting time. Well he ended up really pissing me off with something he said so I called BM anyway and asked her if she would like to come get SD for the day and just have her back by the time DH got home from work.  She works at a daycare about 40 minutes away, and she said yeah and came to get SD to take her back to the daycare with her.  When she was at my house I explained to her real quick that I figured SD would rather be with her having fun than stuck at my house with me doing a paper. BM then asked "well do you want me to just take your daughter too?" I thought about it for a minute and then agreed so off SD and MY DD went with BM! It was the most bizzare thing.  I couldn't wrap my head around it for awhile lol. All went well though!

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Does DH know? Btw I think he was being a douche. You ask for one thing and he can't help you out, so you're selfish? Hell no.
hriabywx4
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:52 PM
It's nice when all parties can play nice! My DS have done sleep overs at ss's house :)
PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:54 PM
That was nice of BM. I hope you get your paper done and DH doesn't rain hell down on the house when he gets home. Good Luck with your paper!!!!
Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:56 PM

awwww lol been there done that-yay for team work!!

EricaG87
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Hell yeah he knows, lol, I'm a bitch not a liar :oP  And I agree, he was being a huge douche.

Quoting faerie75:

Does DH know? Btw I think he was being a douche. You ask for one thing and he can't help you out, so you're selfish? Hell no.

EricaG87
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:05 PM

That's so cool!  My ex husband has watched SD for us once when I had to go to the Emergency room because I smashed my fingers in a door but he and I get along really well, I was pretty shocked when BM suggested that.  She even texted later to make sure that DD want traumatized by her dog because DD is afraid of dogs and I didn't realize there would be a dog there.

Quoting hriabywx4:

It's nice when all parties can play nice! My DS have done sleep overs at ss's house :)

EricaG87
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:07 PM
We were both sooo pisses at eachother.Then I let myself cool down and tried to make amends and he wouldn't have any of it so I got REpissed and now he's the one trying to make amends with me. I, of course, have taken the high road and am sitting in the Burger King parking lot using their wifi to browse cafemom while he texts me that he loves me. I think another 20 minutes will do it.
Quoting PumpkinSpice8:

That was nice of BM. I hope you get your paper done and DH doesn't rain hell down on the house when he gets home. Good Luck with your paper!!!!
EricaG87
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Too bad DH was on the other team lol...
Quoting Tigress22304:

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Quoting EricaG87:

Too bad DH was on the other team lol...
Quoting Tigress22304:

lol sometimes Bm/Sm knows best

babie113
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:49 PM

that was really awesome of bm wow

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)