Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel left out sometimes

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:51 PM
  • 11 Replies

my husband is older then me he has been married 3times so im number 3 but he had 3childern with no.1 and then he married no.2 and they had a son he was about 10 when i met him he is very spoild and there are times i just want to throw my hands up.He is 13 now and they still treat him like a baby and it just makes me sick.Also his mother always fines some thing call this last weekend we did not pick up until 7pm and by 10 she had already calla about 4 times im telling you its crazy. he is going to have his tonsils out and his mom has had cold or something but any she called and asked his dad if he could come over and help him get settled.Im not sure but i think this is just wrong

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:59 AM
2 moms liked this

It's wrong for dad to help his son recover from having his tonsils out?

I don't understand this. It's great that your husband has a good enough relationship with his ex that that can work together to help their son.

tried101
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:38 AM

He really doesn't she just manipulatejust  i do not understand some people

tried101
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:11 AM

BUMP!

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:20 AM

I don't think anyone has advice that you'd like to hear. The only advice I have is this: If you don't trust your husband, the problem most definitely ISN'T the step situation.

I'm CSM so we deal with all of the post injury/illness recovery; and BM is never really interested in being a part of that.

Before becoming a CSM, when BM had custody BM would often call or email DH to ask for our help with things (we lived too far away to go over and help). When SD was super sick with a virus it was DH and I talking to her over the phone that got her to agree to take in fluids so BM didn't have to take her to the ER again for IV fluids.

Guess what? Parents are going to work together for the best interest of their child. If you have a problem with that, leave. Do NOT encourage your husband to not do right by his kid because YOU are insecure. 

Ms.Gwen
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 4:00 AM
I think your DH is wrong for allowing the manipulation to continue

I think BM is wrong for being manipulative

I think you really screwed up when you married a man you 1)don't trust and 2)is spineless

Poor kid

I think dad is right to suck it up for the good of his son

I think mom is right to ask dad for help

And I think you are right if you either leave or learn to ignore this whole business and trust your DH.
whatIknownow
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 6:12 AM

I''m wondering why your title is "I feel left out sometimes."

You didnt' say this in your post, but is your objection to your DH going over to his mom's to help him get settled, because  you feel left out, that he is doing something for his son, without you?

could you explain what you feel left out about?

Polkadotted
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Oh good catch. I got hung up on her getting upset over something that was a smart move. People getting ready for surgery shouldn't have close contact with someone with a cold. Plus the parents should be there for a child having surgery.

And let me tell you, you wouldn't be missing much with that example.

Quoting whatIknownow:

I''m wondering why your title is "I feel left out sometimes."

You didnt' say this in your post, but is your objection to your DH going over to his mom's to help him get settled, because  you feel left out, that he is doing something for his son, without you?

could you explain what you feel left out about?

tiredmama42
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I think its a bit of jealousy on your part.. not so much left out.  If my child was sick and they have been I have called my ex to help with our kid.  If BM is too sick  I think calling his father was nice on her part.  If she called a friend than dad would be upset.  I am sure after surgery any child would prefer mom or dad to be there.  No matter how its handled someone is going to be upset.. which the entire idea is supposed to be about the kids.

Birdseed
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I'm not sure I understand the post.  "I feel left out" 

-Then you're complaining about a spoiled child.

-Then for getting texts because you guys didn't show up on time for a weekend pickup (what time were you supposed to be there?  I'm assuming the 10 was a typo and you meant 1.  But seriously, how late were you guys?

-Then you're bothered about DH going to help bring his son home from having surgery.  At 13, that's a pretty rough surgery.  Usually they do it much younger. 

Color me confused.  Seriously.

DDDaysh
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I think she meant they picked the child up at 7pm and by 10pm the Mom had already called or texted them 4 times about random things.  She doesn't say what.  

And that can be annoying, depending on what it's for.  The great thing about phones, however, is that you don't HAVE to answer them.  

Quoting Birdseed:

I'm not sure I understand the post.  "I feel left out" 

-Then you're complaining about a spoiled child.

-Then for getting texts because you guys didn't show up on time for a weekend pickup (what time were you supposed to be there?  I'm assuming the 10 was a typo and you meant 1.  But seriously, how late were you guys?

-Then you're bothered about DH going to help bring his son home from having surgery.  At 13, that's a pretty rough surgery.  Usually they do it much younger. 

Color me confused.  Seriously.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)