Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

2 year old actuaully called me a b***h

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:29 PM
  • 28 Replies

After punishing my 2 year old granddaughter... I smacked her hand, she looked at me and said "you b***h...I asked her what she said she repeats it... She lives with us and if she had just used it as a word it woundn't have bothered me much, but she actually called me that she just got back from spending a week with her mom, so I have a feeling that is where she learned to call someone that  word, I raraly say that and when I do it's meant to be just that a word....I dont go around calling people that, my reaction was...that will be one habit that is broke really fast, I'll make sure for so called mother (long story there) know about it as well...i lhad to go into the kitchen calm myself before talking to her after all she just 2, and repeating whatever she hear's, but she would have had to hear her mom call someone that wouldn't she?  The mother is my stepdaughter by the way.

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DDDaysh
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this

There are a thousand places she might have picked it up, including overhearing it from TV or in a store when no one thinks she's paying attention.  She may also have heard it from her mother or a friend of her mother. 

It's really NOT that big a deal.  It's a teaching moment when you explain that that type of language is not ok and move on.  Over reacting to it will only make the child more likely to use it in the future because then you teach her that that word is magical and she can make adults flip out by saying it. 

wyomom4
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Just tell her that calling names isn't nice and that that is a grown up word. Not for little girls to say. And she might have heard it from her mom, or from the tv, or while at the store... LOL mine repeat things that I would swear i never said around them. It happens.

amantonacci
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this
It doesn't matter where she has heard it from... You just tell her it's not appropriate and move on.
luckystars2012
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this
This. My dd used to say FUCK really loud at that age. My fault, she got it from me after hearing me stub my toe and say it. She once dropped her candy in the store and yelled "OH FUCK" really loud. I had to keep telling her t was not appropriate, and then ignore.

Quoting amantonacci:

It doesn't matter where she has heard it from... You just tell her it's not appropriate and move on.

amantonacci
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:47 PM

My dd did that with shit.... EVERYthing was shit... It was a very embarrassing faze.

Quoting luckystars2012:

This. My dd used to say FUCK really loud at that age. My fault, she got it from me after hearing me stub my toe and say it. She once dropped her candy in the store and yelled "OH FUCK" really loud. I had to keep telling her t was not appropriate, and then ignore.

Quoting amantonacci:

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:52 PM

The little 2yo girl had no idea what she was saying. She could have heard it anywhere.

I think you are blaming the mom without cause. 

Does her mom think  you are a bitch?

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Also why did you smack the hand of a two year old? what did she do?

If you despise her mother so much, why were you babysitting for her?

Panda113
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Not everything bad a kid does should be blamed on the BM.
luckystars2012
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:07 PM
I believe the child actually lives with the grandparents,and mom gets vvisitation. Grandma is not a babysitter.

And I've smacked the hands of many a two year old. Not hard, but a light smack- not the end of the world.

Quoting whatIknownow:

The little 2yo girl had no idea what she was saying. She could have heard it anywhere.

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:26 PM

well if that is the case, that the OP is actually raising this child, wouldn't *she* be primarily responsible for teaching this child what words are acceptable to use? Why would she blame the mother who is noncustodial?

Quoting luckystars2012:

I believe the child actually lives with the grandparents,and mom gets vvisitation. Grandma is not a babysitter.

And I've smacked the hands of many a two year old. Not hard, but a light smack- not the end of the world.

Quoting whatIknownow:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN