Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wait, WHAT?!?!!!!! Need some help with this one!

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:17 PM
  • 10 Replies

So I'm kind of concerned. BM sister just came to get SD for her weekly visit. 

She took me to the side to let me know that BM has been texting her crazy things ( they don't speak anymore due to BM batshit crazy behavior) such as "you will be banned from my funeral!"

"You will not be allowed to bring SD to my funeral. I don't know who will but I'm making a list of people that are not allowed at my funeral. How will feel whe I'm dead and you can't come to my funeral?"

" you and the two monsters that are your best buddies ( that would be SO and I) are the reason I will be in an early grave"

SO isn't home so I haven't discussed this with him yet. I'm concern because its BM weekend with SD. This is not the talk of a rational person and I'm not sure if there is anything SO can do about the upcoming weekend. It's a bit scary actually. 

Any suggestions? 

by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:20 PM

The person who received the texts must alert the police in BM's town, have them read the texts and then they will act accordingly.  I would not expect much more then a wellfare check at this point since there is no implied or direct threat of suicide; however, the officers responding to BM's location may make a field assessment that some sort of intervention is required.

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:26 PM

She sounds more like a dramam queen trying to get a rise out of her sister to quit being chummy with you guys.

I wouldnt say for 100%, but it doesnt sound like there is much to be worried about. Unless she has ever attempted suicide before. If she has, and you have SEEN these texts, I wouldnt send SD anywhere near her.

jules2boys
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:31 PM

If BM is so upset with her sister, why is her sister doing the pick up?  Something doesn't add up. 

Boobear110
by Audra on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:44 PM

It's not a pick up for BM. It's an Aunt spending time with her niece. 

Quoting jules2boys:

If BM is so upset with her sister, why is her sister doing the pick up?  Something doesn't add up. 

Boobear110
by Audra on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Thank you I will talk to BM sister about her doing just that. 

Quoting LyndaLoo78:

The person who received the texts must alert the police in BM's town, have them read the texts and then they will act accordingly.  I would not expect much more then a wellfare check at this point since there is no implied or direct threat of suicide; however, the officers responding to BM's location may make a field assessment that some sort of intervention is required.

Boobear110
by Audra on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:50 PM

As far as I know she hasn't made an attempt. I don't believe this is the first time that she has referenced her death to her sister. I haven't seen any of the messages. 

BM has never brought anything like this up to SO. She knows what his response would be. 

You very well could be exactly right about why she is doing it. 

But it's still extremely irrational behavior. Who even thinks that way? 

Quoting baparrot2:

She sounds more like a dramam queen trying to get a rise out of her sister to quit being chummy with you guys.

I wouldnt say for 100%, but it doesnt sound like there is much to be worried about. Unless she has ever attempted suicide before. If she has, and you have SEEN these texts, I wouldnt send SD anywhere near her.

LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Those seeking to portray victim status, those with an agenda, those who wish to martyr themselves when they are in fact, their own worst enemy.  Essentially, narcissists do this - all. the. time.  My ex made a suicide threat immediately following finalization of our divorce; his own father told the shrink that he was too chicken to actually do himself bodily harm.

Quoting Boobear110:

Quoting baparrot2:

Doodle39
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:48 PM

The positive is that if she's talking about it to her sister it's a call for help.  But, I agree that you need to be cautious not to over respond.  Her sister can calmly and consistently be there for her, while assessing the motivation for the behavior.  Is she demanding that her sister do things her way and doing this to control a situation? Is she seeking support and attention? Or is she just overwhelmed and thinking this is a way out of life situations that she can't handle? A combination of these things? Can family support her in a healthy ways? Support, providing some respite, a listening ear, boundaries?  Is this out of the ordinary for her?

Boobear110
by Audra on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:53 PM

She is all of those. 

I spoke to her sister further and she feels it empty threats like Parrot said. She said if she feels that BM. Goes from the empty threat stage to outright suicide threat she will do as you suggested and contact the police with the text messages. 

All this BS on top of BM discussing custody issues with SD. SD telling BM she does not want to live with her does not bode well for a fun time this weekend for SD. 

I hate this shit 

Quoting LyndaLoo78:

Those seeking to portray victim status, those with an agenda, those who wish to martyr themselves when they are in fact, their own worst enemy.  Essentially, narcissists do this - all. the. time.  My ex made a suicide threat immediately following finalization of our divorce; his own father told the shrink that he was too chicken to actually do himself bodily harm.

Quoting Boobear110:

Quoting baparrot2:

Boobear110
by Audra on Jun. 19, 2013 at 8:08 PM

BM sister believe's she saying it to guilt and bully her into no longer having an association with SO or I.

BM has alienated every member of her family with her behavior. 

I do believe that BM has implied suicide before but only to her sister. 

If she if for real I hope she does seek help.

My biggest concern is SD. 

Quoting Doodle39:

The positive is that if she's talking about it to her sister it's a call for help.  But, I agree that you need to be cautious not to over respond.  Her sister can calmly and consistently be there for her, while assessing the motivation for the behavior.  Is she demanding that her sister do things her way and doing this to control a situation? Is she seeking support and attention? Or is she just overwhelmed and thinking this is a way out of life situations that she can't handle? A combination of these things? Can family support her in a healthy ways? Support, providing some respite, a listening ear, boundaries?  Is this out of the ordinary for her?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured