Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Am I wrong?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:47 PM
  • 31 Replies

I'm a step mom of 4  and BM of 2.

So here's the story.. Step child #3 is a 24 year old mom of 2: drama queen like her mom and siblings. Claims to have been cutting herself for 11 years now and, molested 15 years ago along with her 2 sisters to a judge during custody hearing and lost custody of her 1 year old today.   Step #3 has been living with BD and I for 11 years now on and off (She eloped at 18 and divorced 2 years later and came back here).   She got upset when judge claimed she was unsafe for her child due to her history of cutting. So I agreed and I told her that she lost child due to her "claiming to have been cutting for over 11 years which isn't true" She proceeded to "GO OFF" on me about not knowing her and the molestation was brought up, AGAIN.  I tried to calmly talk to her and then forcing her to talk (Grabbed her arm so she couldn't leave room) about these accusations which NO famiy member knew of the cutting and BD adimitly claims the molestation is false. I told her we can't help her if she doesn't talk to someone in the family, we aren't mind readers so start talking !  She ended up leaving the house within 20 minutes. BD comes home and asks what happened. I told him I'm tired of a new accusation and the fact of the old accusation continuing to come up and NO ONE'S ADDRESSING THEM !!!  These issues don't get solved when not delt with. !  Now I'm an ass ( No surpries here) for "having to always be in controll, and couldn't wait till he got home to talk it all out".  Even though #3 was talking about court documents to me.

Back story: BM is alcoholic, coke-pot head whom feels entitled and has raised her 4 kids to feel the same way.. BM rarely saw kids when they moved in with us 11 years ago by their (kids) choice. Step kids are constant lying, lazy, promiscuous, narcissistic, exageraters. I have rules in house and BD agrees with them but I am the constant disiplinarian and overseer bad guy. BD works fulltime as do I.  SO...... was I wrong to tell her she told the judge what she did and screwed herself and... Told my husband to basically start getting involved with your kid's problem.  I'm thinking a divorce is long overdue.

by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Jun. 20, 2013 at 12:32 AM

You're all over the place.  Who is she accusing of molesting her and why doesn't anyone believe her?

MommySabs
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 12:40 AM
I'm sorry could you be a little more clear.
lalalamama
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 12:44 AM
This.

Quoting sandeeyo:

You're all over the place.  Who is she accusing of molesting her and why doesn't anyone believe her?

Humility1
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Hi pls clarify the details, I don't get it, I'm sorry:(
baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:23 AM

What I am not understanding is why you are blaming all of these kids problems on the BM. She was not involved in raising them, you were.

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Good point.

Quoting baparrot2:

What I am not understanding is why you are blaming all of these kids problems on the BM. She was not involved in raising them, you were.

macbudsmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Why don't you belive her?

honeygram4
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:59 AM

my biological daughter cut herself for years. her older sister who shared her room knew, but no one else. she cut in areas tht were not readily visible. cutting is a cry for help. if she has cut for years, she needs help.

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Quoting macbudsmom:

Care to take a stab? Or, would you like me to?

macbudsmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:22 AM

lol go for it

Quoting baparrot2:

Quoting macbudsmom:

Care to take a stab? Or, would you like me to?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN