Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

No appreciated

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:52 PM
  • 25 Replies
Ok step mom, I've been married to baby dad for 7 years now. We won custody of his two 6 and 4 but I've been in their lives since they were 3 and 1. The mother couldn't pass a drug test, has been arrested for stripping twice, beat the crap out of her grand ms in front of the oldest, married twice now, divorce I'm the near future cause I found were she was looking at fook up website on my sons phone. Had me thinking he did it. Jt is ten and his not a problem and I understand he's going through alot but he was young when we got him. But if he could have his choice ( children's choice of who yo live with are revote when a parent is found unfit ) he would live with her and never look back. My husband works two on and two weeks off so it's just me for two weeks to handle the crazy. My step son thinks his mother hangs the world but we give him everything. He told me today I never believe him, never take up for him, just all around ignore him. He is active in school football, baseball, basket ball, I take him everywhere he needs to go even pay for his stuff. I sat down with him and we were talking serious I'm crying I just want him to open up to me but all I get is idk. It's killing me. I love him and its still not good enough she never gives or does anything for him. My step daughter opposite she would be fine seeing her mom once a month. I have two children girl and boy. I need to know how to get him to open up. And this is just the surface of the book on this.
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nature_girl
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 12:14 AM
3 moms liked this

What the fuck did I just read?

sid1083
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this
The math doesn't add up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Humility1
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Hi mrs iMac, my stepson is 11 yrs old and It took him awhile to open up to me. It just takes time and it can take years. The best way to have him open up is for you to be like a fun aunt to him, don't force a relationship with him, this will eventually happen through the years. Let him come to you, and plus you don't have to pay for everything. I did that wih my stepson and he took me for granted expecting I was gonna do it for him all the time. Kids will take you for granted if you pay their stuff, now I make him earn everything. Best way is to keep praying, treat him like a nephew, don't force a relationship with him, and don't expect anything from him. No matter how messed up stepson's bio mom is, he looks up to her because she brought him in this world. The only thing that I expect from my stepson is for him to respect house rules, and me because I am his father's wife. I don't expect anything else because he is a stepson and he is obligated to his biomom that he will live forever. My stepson's biomom is on drugs

and she is in and out of jail. I say all of this with kindness and sincerity. We may never get the greatest relationship that we want from our stepkid, but what we have to remember is that we tried our best and if it doesn't happen then that's ok. Take care and I hope things work out for you, God bless!
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:55 AM

I... I'm really not sure. It doesn't make any sense.

Quoting Nature_girl:

What the fuck did I just read?

JustaSM231
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 2:09 AM
I thought I was misreading but this post doesn't make sense! You're married to baby daddy 7 years? So he cheated on you and has 2 kids while you were married? Troll???
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 6:19 AM

I feel like what you're saying is you're jealous because your stepson loves his mother more than he loves you, even though is mother his a druggie stripper and you drive him to all his games and pay for all his stuff.

am I summing this up right?

....ClvrScn.
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 6:59 AM
2 moms liked this
She's the stepmom. She has been married to the father since the kids were 3 and 1. When the kids were 6 and 4 dad got custody because mom sucks. The kids are now 10 and 8. The 10 year old is a good kid, but sm is resentful that she puts in so much work and he still loves his mom. The 8 year old girl doesn't care if she sees her mom at all, but the son would choose to live with mom given the chance.sm wants to know how to make the son love her more than he loves his mom... That bout right ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:04 AM

Timeline doesnt add up either. Maybe dad was hanging in the strip clubs a little too much?

Good morning. LOL

Quoting whatIknownow:

I feel like what you're saying is you're jealous because your stepson loves his mother more than he loves you, even though is mother his a druggie stripper and you drive him to all his games and pay for all his stuff.

am I summing this up right?

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:05 AM

What the fuck.  So your skids are a product of DH cheating on you with a stripper?  

Since when is stripping illegal?

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:06 AM

Good job!

Quoting ....ClvrScn.:

She's the stepmom. She has been married to the father since the kids were 3 and 1. When the kids were 6 and 4 dad got custody because mom sucks. The kids are now 10 and 8. The 10 year old is a good kid, but sm is resentful that she puts in so much work and he still loves his mom. The 8 year old girl doesn't care if she sees her mom at all, but the son would choose to live with mom given the chance.sm wants to know how to make the son love her more than he loves his mom... That bout right ?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN