Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Your daughter lost a tooth (NOT!)

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 6:01 PM
  • 9 Replies
Upon picking my daughter up from school, I noticed she was wearing a small capsule in the shape of a tooth around her neck. when I inquired about the necklace, her teacher informed me she had lost a tooth. When we returned home to make preparations for the tooth fairy's arrival, I noticed something was wrong. I had inspected her mouth, only to discover that no teeth were missing! I open the capsule to investigate.Low and behold, the missing tooth was not a tooth at all! rather a piece of bone or a pebble. I made arrangements for her to see the dentist, who then confirmed it was indeed not a tooth. The school was up my butt, asking for paperwork to confirm she had no cavities.( the whole time insisting she did). (she has not a single cavity and has always taken very good care of her teeth). The only damage to her teeth, was caused by this "tooth", that she apparently bit down on while eating her lunch.Wth?!
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Rae706
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 6:10 PM
? Wrong kid?
acsod
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Sorry,I accidentally hit the post button before I was finished typing.
acsod
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Mobile Photo

chasinrainbows
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 6:27 PM
3 moms liked this

That's weird. Her school requires dental records to "prove" she doesn't have cavities? I've never heard of this before.

sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd tell the school to shove it.  Was she eating a school lunch?  If she was, I'd tell them to shove it and check their food better because she bit down on a pebble that she ate while eating a SCHOOL PROVIDED LUNCH. 

acsod
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:05 PM
I thought the same thing!

Quoting chasinrainbows:

That's weird. Her school requires dental records to "prove" she doesn't have cavities? I've never heard of this before.

acsod
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Yes! It was at school. When I visited the office in person, they shrugged off it off. (and promptly redirected the conversation to discuss her name). Some of you that know me, are aware of the fact that my divorce decree included a name change, for myself and for my daughter. (for those of you that don't, there was a clerical error in the final judgment. so she was able to get her Social Security card under her new name, and I still need to wait for the proper documents for her birth certificate).

Quoting sandeeyo:

I'd tell the school to shove it.  Was she eating a school lunch?  If she was, I'd tell them to shove it and check their food better because she bit down on a pebble that she ate while eating a SCHOOL PROVIDED LUNCH. 

sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd go back and suggest that maybe they get off your back or they'll be hearing from your attorney about the non-edible thing that was found in food that they're feeding the children.

I hated having to deal with the school system when my son was younger.  The only time they ever sat up and cared about anything was when I asked if I had to get my attorney involved...THEN they either took action or backed off.

Quoting acsod:

Yes! It was at school. When I visited the office in person, they shrugged off it off. (and promptly redirected the conversation to discuss her name). Some of you that know me, are aware of the fact that my divorce decree included a name change, for myself and for my daughter. (for those of you that don't, there was a clerical error in the final judgment. so she was able to get her Social Security card under her new name, and I still need to wait for the proper documents for her birth certificate).

Quoting sandeeyo:

acsod
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:15 AM
That is a great idea. I might suggest that if needed. right now the kids are on break.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)