Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Do you ever have one-on-one time with your step child?

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Amy
  • 45 Replies

What was the last thing you and your step child did, just the two of you?

by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:31 AM
3 moms liked this

Drank some beer together waiting on his dad to get home discussing all kinds of life issues.

That happens everytime he comes though. He likes to come early and spend time with me before his dad gets home. I like it too.

pdxmum
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

SS14 and I like to go out to dinner together, just the two of us.

LoveMy2x4
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:44 AM

SS14 had a "confession session" with me Fri night. SO went out for a couple beers and my kids were sleeping. 

I swear he had diarrhea of the mouth. He just kept talking and talking and talking. It was nice getting to have that time with him. It doesnt happen often because he is the oldest of 6 in our home and the youngest are my 2. It was really nice having that time with him, even if he was "testing" me. 

Panda113
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:46 AM
We go shopping, to a movie, take a walk, ride our bikes, hang out in her room and talk, get our nails done, go to the beach, go hiking...depends on how much time we have and usually its whatever floats her boat.
shanlee42
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:50 AM

We spent the day together playing games while dad worked last December.

almason
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Sad to say but I don't remember. Since Eli has been born (7 wks), he has taken a back seat which I didn't attend for that to happen

Janeite
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:20 PM

It depends on how much time we have. We hang out and talk, mostly. We cook together or shop. Stuff like that.  

KaysMommy828
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:28 PM

I get alone time with SD all the time because generally we get her a day or 2 early so DH is working, but I always love it. We color and make things, or just watch a movie together. She helps me cook and stuff. She's only 3 so she can't really do much, but she loves to help. The last time I actually purposely did something with just her, though, I left my daughter with DH and took SD out to buy her big girl panties!! She was so excited to be able to go out with just me and even more excited to pick her panties out. Lol. Each of her parents try to do things with her at least once a month, just one on one stuff. Her mother has a new baby, and my DH and I have a special needs 2 year old, so it's very important to take SD out and spend time with her.

Stephie849
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:32 PM
All the time the boys are 4 and 6. I try and spend at least one day a week just one on one.
macbudsmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Only you can change that... don't let the new baby be a detriment to your relationship.

Quoting almason:

Sad to say but I don't remember. Since Eli has been born (7 wks), he has taken a back seat which I didn't attend for that to happen

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)