Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

BM's house burnt down this morning. UPDATE *update again*

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:08 AM
  • 95 Replies

No one knows what happened. She didn't tell us. I get alerts from the city that tell me when a bridge is out or theres something heavy going on. I got the message this morning that said Fire Fighters were responding to a working house fire at the address BM gave us... 

Here's how asking her if SS was alright went... 

Since we KNOW SS doesn't live with BM, DH texted her mom as well...

Staying the night at Nanny's again? Very convient that he just happens to be there every time we ask about him. 

As for feeling bad for them, I do. I feel bad for BM's friends that lived there. They lost almost everything. And thank God they all were woken up in time to get out!! But this really isn't BM's tragedy. Yeah, she lost some clothes and what not, but none of her stuff was there. I bet it was pretty scary for her though. 

*So, it wasn't a meth lab, like we jokingly suspected. ;) There were some electrical wires that caught the insulation on fire. Apparently, it had been smoldering for 2 days before bursting into flames.*

by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:11 AM

WOW.  I wonder what happened there?  Is everyone ok?

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Does she have your SS??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raspberry393
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:14 AM
2 moms liked this

My house burned down at the end of Nov.  We lost everything.  If it happened this morning I'm not surprised they haven't contacted you yet.  Unless you've been through this you can't begin to imagine what it's like, what you'd do, how you'd react, how HARD it is to begin to recover.  6 months later and every day is still extremely hard.  You can't imagine the loss and devastation that comes with this. Be EXTRA kind to them... don't tell them it's just stuff.  It's not just stuff. 

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:17 AM

that is horrible. I hope everyone is ok. I also hope they had insurance.

mouthyhousewife
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:20 AM

They probably didn't have insurance. She was living with a friend. It was a rental.

Quoting whatIknownow:

that is horrible. I hope everyone is ok. I also hope they had insurance.

mouthyhousewife
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:21 AM

No, SS is living with her parents. Tho, she wont admit that. So she will likely say something along the lines of SS just happened to be spending the night at Nanny and Papa's.... 

Quoting momof2ex1:

Does she have your SS??

mouthyhousewife
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Everyone is ok. There were 4 adults and 3 kids and everyone got out safely according to the news article. No one knows the cause. But I'm sure there will be an investigation.

Quoting sandeeyo:

WOW.  I wonder what happened there?  Is everyone ok?

bottomline
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow. That's horrible. Glad everyone is safe.

mouthyhousewife
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Yeah, I'm not surprised she hasn't contacted us yet. Even if it didn't just happen, she wouldnt tell us. DH is going to text her and make sure everything is ok and see if she needs anything. 

Quoting Raspberry393:

My house burned down at the end of Nov.  We lost everything.  If it happened this morning I'm not surprised they haven't contacted you yet.  Unless you've been through this you can't begin to imagine what it's like, what you'd do, how you'd react, how HARD it is to begin to recover.  6 months later and every day is still extremely hard.  You can't imagine the loss and devastation that comes with this. Be EXTRA kind to them... don't tell them it's just stuff.  It's not just stuff. 

Raspberry393
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Honestly I have no idea where your anger is from.... it's probably due to a long history in your situation and justified.

I would suggest in this situation it's time to set it down for a little bit.  Don't assume she's made it out of the house with her phone- she's just as likely not to have. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN