Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Anyone else have SKs with no BM?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:01 PM
  • 12 Replies

I put this out there every few months.  I'm looking for other SMs like me.  My SD's BM died 4 years ago.  BM and BF were already divorced, BF had full custody, and I was already living with my SDs and their BF when it happened. 

I have many of the same issues as most of the SMs on this forum with BMs still in the picture.  However, I have a TON of other issues to contend with because of the absence of the girls' BM.

Anyone else out there like me?  Anyone?  

by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zannahdeux
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:26 PM

maybe i count...the skids bm is barely involved and both skids live with me and their dad. I am dealing with a 12 year old girl who is currently on antidepressants and threatens suicide because her mom doesn't spend time with her and doesnt participate as a parent....

stepconfused182
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Me! My SS BM hasn't been involved much at all since I met him. She has not contacted him at all in over 4 years years and we have no idea where she is. This causes a lot of issues with SS and I think that's where his insecurity and strange behavior comes from. Its not easy to deal with.
saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm already your friend on here;-) My stepson's mother is dead. We stepmoms have our own "issues" that are in this boat.

I know I wish it was as easy as to stress or bitch about clothes or child support or just any bio mom issue sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GarysWife1991
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:56 PM

In our case the biomom moved to Cali with her then bf and left 3 girls for my dh to raise.  Within the last couple of years shes been calling more often and visiting 4 or 5 times a year. 

destiny83
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 7:57 PM
I am a full time CSM. BM relinquished rights years ago. When she's not in prison she sometimes* remembers to call SD on her birthday.
Humility1
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Me! My stepson's biomom is on drugs and nobody knows where her whereabouts are. However, stepson's grandma is highly involved and does have 20 percent custody over him, although he stays her at my house with dh full time, please feel free to msg me, I know it's very hard to not have a biomom involved but then again I have stepson's grandma involved.
cjsmommie98
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:46 AM

yes i am ....BM has been dead 4 years and sks are 21 and 25...still living at home

Titchy
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:59 AM
My SSs mother killed herself in January. SS is 14 and has some mental issues. He also does not like me and was throwing a fit while I was pregnant. My DD is 10 months old and I am terrified. I don't know what to do because SS is going to be here full time next month (he stayed with family to finish out the school year). He has had a history with killing small animals and is a habitual liar. He was in therphy but my husband doesn't think there is anything wrong with him. I am scared to death for my daughter and myself.
SavesSpiders
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:07 AM

I'm so sorry for your situation.  My SD's mother killed herself too, although the girls still don't know it.  The ruling was "accidental overdose" - so they still think it was a mistake.

One thing that helped them a lot was when we sent them to grief camp.  I'm not sure where you're located, but there's a chain called Comfort Zone Camps around the country that we used and I know there are others.  

Best of luck to you and please feel free to message me any time you want to chat. 

SavesSpiders
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Thank you.  I sometimes feel like no one out there can understand <3  Vent to me anytime. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)