Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

I know its dumb but it still bugs me

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:51 PM
  • 61 Replies
When people say my dd has same traits/ features as skids. It drives me crazy!! Especially my mil. Example : oh Grace you have the same hair color as you brothers. Fact: its the same hair color that I had as a kid, you would think since I birthed her that she would have my traits. And the skid came from a different womb!! I know they might look related and that's cool. But still bug me. Rant over
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faerie75
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:01 PM
3 moms liked this
I understand. Like when SO says "the baby is gonna act like this" (referring to ss5) I don't say anything but I think "I will kick his little ass I'd he does" lol
leegirl_jm
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Oh I would absolutely hate that fortunately our children look nothing like SS, he actually looks short while our kids have always been above average height. SS has DH's personality and my kids have mine. DH tends to want to be a nice guy, SS is a pleaser while my kids are feisty.

Wife, Mother and Career Woman living in Jamaica

packermomof2
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

If my ex had more kids they would probably look like my kids.  If I had more kids they wouldn't look like mine, most likely.  It seems that kids in my ex's family (kids that are half Asian and half caucasion) have dominant Asian features.  If this bothered a SM, eh.  She's the one who procreated with the man so she's equally to blame.

annabl1970
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:17 PM
2 moms liked this
Sorry, but i have to agree with you :) It's dump, If you are bothered by your kid looking as his half brother. what else did you expect when they have the same father? :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Graceplustwo
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I.knoww!!!!! But I cant help but get annoyed lol.

Quoting annabl1970:

Sorry, but i have to agree with you :) It's dump, If you are bothered by your kid looking as his half brother. what else did you expect when they have the same father? :)

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:40 PM

I love the fact that I have pictures of all 4 kiddos as babies where they all look almost identical. I even photoshopped a picture of SD and DD6 as infants side by side because they look like the exact same baby.

aeELE
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this

People assume all the time that SS is mine. He looks like his Dad's clone, only brunette (like me & BM), so I feel you. 

This past weekend I spent a lot of time at a bridal shower holding a 3 month old for a friend who was busy w bridesmaid duties. One of the other bridesmaids walks up to me and tells me how, "Your son looks just like you!" Lol. I had an easy time disabusing her- I get lots of practice w SS, after all! I went all, "B!tch, does this body look like it had a baby in it 3 damn months ago???" JK, JK! 

You can't let it get to you. It's one of those things that flies out of a people's mouths when they have nothing else to say, but they feel compelled to say Something.

In the case of MIL though, IDK, she may be looking for an avenue to tie the kids closer together- also, MILs are just crazy sometimes! ;) 

AnnieChristian
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Are they her half brothers or step brothers?! If they're half siblings, I don't see why it would drive you crazy-they have the same father.

I'm multiracial & SKs are biracial so people who don't know, always think they are either my kids or younger siblings/cousins. I've had people say they thought SKs were MY kids with an ex & DH was their SF, not the other way around.
They both resemble their mom most, and me and her look nothing similar so it's a little odd but it doesn't bother me at all. The kids start smiling ear to ear when they hear someone tell me "your children are so precious, they all look so much like you!" If it's a complete stranger, I just say thanks-I don't even correct them & neither do the kids then we joke about it as we walk off lol.
AnnieChristian
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh and ironically, no one has ever, even once, said DSs look like SKs and they all have the same dad! Weird lol.
Graceplustwo
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:02 AM
I don't know why either. Its so dumb!
Mainly when my mil does it.

Quoting AnnieChristian:

Are they her half brothers or step brothers?! If they're half siblings, I don't see why it would drive you crazy-they have the same father.

I'm multiracial & SKs are biracial so people who don't know, always think they are either my kids or younger siblings/cousins. I've had people say they thought SKs were MY kids with an ex & DH was their SF, not the other way around.

They both resemble their mom most, and me and her look nothing similar so it's a little odd but it doesn't bother me at all. The kids start smiling ear to ear when they hear someone tell me "your children are so precious, they all look so much like you!" If it's a complete stranger, I just say thanks-I don't even correct them & neither do the kids then we joke about it as we walk off lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)