Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Rules

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 6:45 PM
  • 23 Replies
What do you do when skids don't respect you or the rules in your home? I have had a hell of a day step kids were told last night they needed to shower and put clothes away by 9:30 this morning and not one thing was done. Dh leaves kids 75% of the time in my care and the two youngest are so disrespectful. And when I try to talk to dh about it I get told I'm exhausting to deal with wth...
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raspberry393
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 6:49 PM

how old are the kids?

CampClan
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Well then HE can do their chores & BM can deal with smelly kids! He is going to have fun explaining that one! HAHAHA
Candygurl17
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 6:57 PM
10,8,6 almost 7

Quoting Raspberry393:

how old are the kids?

Lauren79
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this

This....and when they are in your care and don't want to listen, then they can enjoy the day in their rooms. NO fun or entertainment if they want to be disrespectful and not listen. Leave the messes for your DH to deal with when he gets home and he can deal with his kids then too. 

I would not tolerate being disrespected in my house, by my DH (if I was married, but SO in my case) or his children. If he can't handle it when he gets home then he needs to figure something else out when they are at your house for DH's time with them if he's not going to be home with them 100% of the time.  

Quoting CampClan:

Well then HE can do their chores & BM can deal with smelly kids! He is going to have fun explaining that one! HAHAHA

pdxmum
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this

They are there for 30 days right?  And only two weeks when he isn't on vacation, right?

Can't you just let it go?  And I don't mean that in a snarky way, I mean it as a strategy.

Raspberry393
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Do you have your own children?  Are you familiar with typical child development?

Candygurl17
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:30 PM
I would let it go if dh was on the same team and the kids weren't moling me or disrespecting when they are asked to do something. Just a bit of info I pretty much had a breakdown after having my 2 year old and I see doctors and I'm advised not to take on stress to make my condition worse dh knows this bm knows this kids know this. So I have gotten shit end of the stuck on everything. I was actually advised by my doctor not to even watch his kids he was told this also so I have reasons for not just letting it go and putting up with things

Quoting pdxmum:

They are there for 30 days right?  And only two weeks when he isn't on vacation, right?

Can't you just let it go?  And I don't mean that in a snarky way, I mean it as a strategy.

Candygurl17
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Yeah I have my own kids 2 and 8

Quoting Raspberry393:

Do you have your own children?  Are you familiar with typical child development?

JacyB
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Tell him to put them in daycare and when HE is avaialable to care for them they don't have to go
whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:56 PM
2 moms liked this

well...

Make your DH accountable.

Put the clothes in their rooms and tell your DH to put them away.

If they don't shower - oh well. Then your husband has stinky kids.

If they are really disrespectful, sign them up for summer camp, and present Dh with the bill.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)