Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Things are really looking up:)

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 1:41 PM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

My SD and I are getting along so much better then we were about a month ago. I am so happy that she is communicating with me better and showing me how much she appreciates all that I do for her, and I is growing closer to me.  I treat her like if she was my own daughter. I am a good SM. Just want to keep the communication going. So KIND advice would be appreciated. Thank you and havea blessed day!

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Jun. 29, 2013 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad!

Nlvonblah
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm really happy for you.  I don't have the open communication with my sk's that I would like to have with my sk's.  It's one-sided for now.  I'm just waiting for them to trust me and open up to me and it may never happen and that's okay too.  I will just keep letting them know I'm here.  I may bitch and moan about them, but in reality they are minnie DH's and I love my husband and he is and always will be a package deal.  Best of luck to you in the future.  N

shanlee42
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:58 AM
2 moms liked this
Continue on as you are and be honest with her. As she gets older you may find her confiding in you about things you feel mom and dad need to know. Encourage her to tell them and let her know that you will be there to support her through talking with them if she would like the support.

I told my ex's teenage daughter from day one that she could tell me anything and I would never break her trust but if dad needed to know, she would have to tell him. i always Offered that we would tell him together if she chose.
destiny83
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

That's wonderful. I'm happy with you :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN