Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH is now custodial

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:39 PM
  • 50 Replies
5 moms liked this
BM willingly conceded custody to DH today at the courthouse. She was reasonable, mature and more friendly than you could expect anyone else in her position to be.

I'm proud of her because I cannot imagine how difficult this was for her but she handled it so well and ultimately did what was best for their daughter right now.

BM will have SD for the rest of this month. EOWE will begin in august. There is no child support ordered. Everything else is pretty much standard. There's some stuff in there about DH and BM having restrictions on moving. Which is fine..we're not planning on going anywhere.

We talked to BM afterwards. Hugged SD bye. All in all it went very well.

As cheesy as it is, I genuinely would like for y'all to keep her in your thoughts and prayers, as well as SD. I think that BM's actions today show true motherly love and I hope that everyone can flourish with this. A lot of adjustments to make.

And...I'm honestly excited to be back!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tillymommie
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the world of CSM! LOL. Congrats! I knew it would work in your favor.

amanda_mom89
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Thank you. I am pretty nervous about all these changes.

Quoting Tillymommie:

Welcome to the world of CSM! LOL. Congrats! I knew it would work in your favor.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OvrMyHead
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:35 PM
2 moms liked this

Congrats!!  How does SD feel about this?  I admire the way you are giving credit to BM.

amanda_mom89
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Well SD doesn't really understand the concept of custody. But we told her today that she's staying with mama for a few weeks and when she comes back she'll be getting ready for big girl school.

She was very happy and excited today. Its the first time she's seen her parents speak to each other in a while. I think she could sense the relief of it being over.

Quoting OvrMyHead:

Congrats!!  How does SD feel about this?  I admire the way you are giving credit to BM.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckystars2012
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Woop! Welcome back!
amanda_mom89
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! I missed y'all!

Quoting luckystars2012:

Woop! Welcome back!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Frustrated10
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Your thoughts and expressions of appreciation for the bm is very admirable. I'm happy for all of you, especially for the bm because she was able to handle herself with dignity. I'm also happy for the little girl, she is blessed to have everyone working together for her best interest. Congratulations to you and your husband!

pepper504
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Congrats and lets hope that this all stays civil for SD's sake. 

DDDaysh
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Good luck! 

mommadana
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:19 PM
I wish you the best and my advice is love and an open ear and arms is the best thing while DSD adjusts to her new life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)