Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Amending the CO, possible summer schedule?

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:32 PM
  • 1 Replies

So, if you've been following our story/life/whatever you'll know that there's been a LOT of issues with SD and visits with BM. SD doesn't want to see BM as much. She's sick of BM trying to make her lie and keep secrets, SD is also sick of BM never spending any actual time with her, and dragging SD around to visit random guys (and then telling SD to lie to us about it and keep it a secret from us, as well as SD's counselor).

We cannot afford an attorney. We don't quite live paycheck to paycheck, but it's pretty damn close right now. Needless to say, there is no money left over for an attorney. We're doing our best to try to find a low cost attorney or pro-bono attorney, but DH is prepared to go this alone (possibly against an attorney, BM can't afford one either, but her mom would do it for her, she did before).

So, at this point DH and I are writing up all the court documents ourselves. The idea is to give BM  one weekend a month, every mother's day, half of Christmas break every year (the day school lets out until December 26th on odd numbered years, and the 26th-the day before school resumes on even numbered years), and every other Thanksgiving (every even numbered year). DH would have every Spring break (BM generally takes time off for Thanksgiving and Christmas, she doesn't/can't for Spring break). How much time is appropriate for the summer on top of the one weekend a month? A week in July and a week in August? Two non-consecutive weeks in the summer of her choices that she has to give to DH by June 1st?

I mean, the goal here isn't to take SD away from BM completely, but when I break it down onto a calendar that's what it kinda looks like.

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
ramita
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:21 PM
I don't know if the counselor will help, but it may be worth it to talk to the counselor and see what type of visitation he/she recommends. Having the counselors support will go along way with a judge. As far as the breakdown, always start with less than your willing to concede to so that you have room to work your way up. Good-luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)