Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teen "Step Kids" and Really young "Step Moms" ...

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:21 PM
  • 28 Replies
3 moms liked this

Does anyone else think of Legally Blond when they hear about younger SMs complaining that teen 'SKs' aren't treating them like parents instead of peers??? LOL

Be happy and be cautious, those kids may resent you enough to try and kill you... Just joking... Maybe.

Seriously though, they are teens, you are closer to their age then Dad's. Be a friend. Be dad's girlfriend/Wife, Don't try to be mommy.

Mother is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children. Do you understand? ~The Crow

by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Yup.  just plain silly if you ask me.

aeELE
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Now I'm going to think about that perm scene every time I see a post like that!

Damn yooooooou!
whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:31 PM
3 moms liked this

"Hey, these aren't last year's Pradas.... *gasp* !!!"

my favorite line.

Quoting aeELE:

Damn yooooooou!

aeELE
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't ju stomp jur little last season Prada shoes at me, honey!!!!

OMG, I'll kill you too.
I wish I could type that accent better... It went through my head perfectly, lol.

Quoting whatIknownow:

"Hey, these aren't last year's Pradas.... *gasp* !!!"

my favorite line.

Quoting aeELE:

Damn yooooooou!

MrsMiles85
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:56 PM
3 moms liked this

It sounds ridiculous to me.  "Hi I'm your new "mom" but when you were born, I hadn't even hit puberty yet". 

MrsMiles85
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:56 PM

BUMP!

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

i just dont see why this isnt common sense of any age SO re: teenage step kids. when SO and i got together, he had his then 15 yr old daughter with him. it never even occurred to me to try to be a parental figure. yes, with SO's blessing, once we moved in together i did give her and my two sons chores and she did them. i never even HAD to verbally correct her. she was slightly stand offish at first and i let her be. while her mother (BM1) has issues, she clearly loves her mother and her mother loves her. her mom is a recovered addict. she ran into health problems. BM1 lives w HER mom and isnt working, but she attends church regularly and has stayed sober. as a matter of fact. SO asked sd if she would babysit for us last sat and she agreed. she was supposed to come to our home, but day of, she asked if we could take the kids to her grammas house so her mom could help (she has a baby too). lol BM 1 laughed and said "i cant believe every last one of my ex's kids are in my house right now." it was true. her three, BM2's 3, and mine were all there. lol

Tillymommie
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting aeELE:

Damn yooooooou!

LOL you are welcome!!!

Mother is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children. Do you understand? ~The Crow

rebeccasmly
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Agree! Those teen kids are never going to look at you as mommy.

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:51 PM
My dad married sm2 when he was 40 and she was 20. I was 10 and my sister was.... 20. Lol she never tried to be a mom to us. She was our friend. She wasn't old enough to be mom to any of us and had no children of her own. My brother was 15... He had a crush on her. Now she did give him condoms and that freaked him out. But knowing her... There was more to the condom talk than her being concerned for him. She might have been giving him the condoms... With a hint ... Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured