Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

BM vent, don't have many of those but...*Update*

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 12:23 PM
  • 20 Replies

BM has had the SKs for 48 hrs instead of her 24 hrs. She asked a few months ago for an extra overnight each month since that's all she sees them in a month usually unless there is a holiday she actually will pick them up for or vacation time.

Apparently 24 hrs ago SK started a yeast infection but BM never called us. She is unable to take them into the doctors unless its to the ER per CO. We live 10 minutes away so either DH or I could have met her or even picked up SK to take her in and get the treatment necessary. Now SK is so miserable that BM calls me and wants me to take SK to the doctor this morning. SKs will be home in an hour and she's demanding that I take SK in as soon as they get here. BM said she doesn't understand why it is getting worse its only been a day and that's why she needs to go to the doctor now. Personally I have never dealt with a yeast infection so I am not sure how bad they can be or how soon treatment actually helps but BM has had them a lot.  Yes, she has told me about them. Shouldn't she understand that SK probably should have started some sort of treatment yesterday, even of it was just over the counter stuff? Of course our doctor isn't open today so we're going to have to try over the counter treatments and hope they work until I can get her to the doctor. Do the OTC creams actually work? Or do you think its probably too late for OTCs to help because its been a day already? SHould I take her in to Urgent Care which is open today and get the prescription instead of waiting until tomorrow? I really have no experience with this so suggestions would be helpful

Update: I was able to talk to our doctor. I left a message for him and he returned it, yay! He suggested just using a OTC right now. He thinks its mild enough to where a RX shouldn't be needed. If she is still feeling yucky over the weekend, he wants me to bring her in on Monday, when the office opens up again. SD is home and laying down. She's just not feeling good at all. DH volunteered to pick up the OTC while he was in town. Hoping it provides some relief for her!

by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 12:26 PM

if this is her first time-take her to urgent care

rebeccasmly
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 12:30 PM

It is her 1st one. :(

Quoting Tigress22304:

kristen518-06
by Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 12:39 PM

ive only had one myself and used the otc stuff and it worked great for me. good luck hope she feels better soon

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Quoting rebeccasmly:

Quoting Tigress22304:

then take her in-talk to the doctor-ask for signs of a yeast infection so you know what to look for (we go thru the same with sd12) and the best way to PREVENT and TREAT the infection

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Quoting rebeccasmly:

Quoting Tigress22304:

and then mentally slap BM for not doing anything

rebeccasmly
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Thank you. I hope so too.

Quoting kristen518-06:

ive only had one myself and used the otc stuff and it worked great for me. good luck hope she feels better soon

blondie0234
by Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I'd just take her in. They can be painful. And only gets worse..Poor thing!

rebeccasmly
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Trust me, I already have, lol. I want to encourage the realtionship between them and BM but stuff like this makes me want to keep them home. As I was talking to BM this morning, I wanted to yell at her why she hasn't done anything yet and why am I just now hearing about it. I kept my cool though like always and came here instead. :-)

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting rebeccasmly:

Quoting Tigress22304:

and then mentally slap BM for not doing anything

Leigh84
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:28 PM
I would take her to urgent care expecially since this is her 1st one but OTC treatments do work.
child_of_fire
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:35 PM
OTC always works for me, BUT my sister didn't go to the doctor on her first one, just picked a random OTC drug, and was allergic to it. You can imagine the swelling and pain. The doctor said he would have recommended a different medicine in the first place because everyone is different. Definitely take her to the doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN