Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

What did you do for the Fourth?

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Amy
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

We didn't do a whole lot.  The kids were off with their other parents, so we went out to dinner and then watched fireworks from the bedroom window.

What did you do?

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsMiles85
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this

We had a lot of fun.  My kids had a cookout with their dad and then we lit off the fireworks when they got home.  The neighbors lit off theirs at the same time so it was a huge show.  No problems at all, no injuries.  Everyone started at about the same time and ended about the same time.  My neighbors who didn't set off fireworks still sat outside and enjoyed the show.  Pretty freaking awesome, best 4th of July we have had so far.

MrsMiles85
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:31 PM

BUMP!

pepper504
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:57 PM

DH had to work.  I redid our front flower bed and cleaned the house.  Boiled some crabs with the neighbors and drank some beers before DH came home from work. 

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Yum!

Quoting pepper504:

DH had to work.  I redid our front flower bed and cleaned the house.  Boiled some crabs with the neighbors and drank some beers before DH came home from work. 

Leigh84
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:45 PM
We went to a cook out at fil's then watched fire works
Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:49 PM

We BBQ'd in the afternoon then went down to see the concert and fireworks from the stairs of the Capitol Building in DC.  It was HOT.  But it was really cool to see Neil Diamond perform and the fireworks were pretty amazing!

Bertieb
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:50 PM

We got 2 inches of rain so we painted woodwork in the house and then went to MIL for spaghetti dinner inside!

bottomline
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:00 PM

We grilled out for lunch and then watched the fireworks at night. It was a very relaxing day with family!

Mommynwife26
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:02 PM

We just stayed home, ate and then did fireworks out front. The kids decided the neighbors were better and went their, our youngest went to bed cause she was tired. So my dh and I set off fireworks and played with sparkelers.

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:08 PM

We had a big BBQ with my parents, my siblings, my grandpa, and a bunch of other family. Then we all pooled our fireworks and had a big show :) It was great. The kids had a blast :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)