Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bm moved..... Again....

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:23 PM
  • 4 Replies
Ss came home and told us that mom is moving yet again. This time into a two bedroom apartment that her sm and step sister already live in.

Common sense makes me want to ask wtf they plan on sleeping? Maybe mom will share a room with 16 y/o step sister. But where does that leave room for ss??

She's supposed to notify us 30 days prior to a move... But she never actually has. We usually find out she moved when ss starts telling us about mom's new place...

Anything we can do?
She doesn't pay pay child support because Dh gave her a year to get on her feet before she starts paying- and it's in the CO. So we can't really ask her for less money than the zero were already getting...
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Anyway to get proof of her move? You can file contempt of court, but I'm not sure what that will do for you.

dawnnamarie
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:15 PM
We thought about calling for a wellness check before we took ss over there for her visitation next time. Just say that she's acting odd, and we wanted to make sure everything was ok over there.
That way her being in contempt is recorded...

Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

Anyway to get proof of her move? You can file contempt of court, but I'm not sure what that will do for you.

Steamedpuddle30
by Hi, my name is... on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Dh had this problem. Bm moved a couple of times and I don't care if you(general )move in w your parents or whoever but when you are getting cs and the whole "standard of living crap" is supposed to be the same,then that sucks. My skids told us too. Dh didn't go to court. Its Too much drama. Just ask her whats going on and next time she has to notify you.

I forgot,does SS stay more with y'all?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dawnnamarie
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Dh's primary. She's moved like 5 times in the past 2 years... :(

She's not getting cs. But it's more that we do not trust the environments she moves ss into... :(

Quoting Steamedpuddle30:

Dh had this problem. Bm moved a couple of times and I don't care if you(general )move in w your parents or whoever but when you are getting cs and the whole "standard of living crap" is supposed to be the same,then that sucks. My skids told us too. Dh didn't go to court. Its Too much drama. Just ask her whats going on and next time she has to notify you.

I forgot,does SS stay more with y'all?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured