Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Two steps forward and shenanigans back......

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:12 AM
  • 3 Replies

We do SD's birthday together every year.  And up until this point the agreement has been the financial responsibility is split every other year (just a verbal agreement- no courts involved at all).  We always go to an amusement park for SD's birthday.  We paid for everyone last year.This year it was supposed to be BM's year to cover the cost- which was good because since the fire and me being laid off we are financially strapped and there is nothing left in case of emeregencies- the fire was the emergency. 

Well BM announced two weeks ago that she'd not be able to afford to pay for SD's birthday this year.  Okay, that sucks but we'll just have to do something different that doesn't cost so much.  Yesterday, BM announced that she's going to pay for her side but she won't be paying for the whole thing (keeping in mind we paid for everything last year).  Effectively she's trying to cut us out of SD's birthday.  That won't happen- I'll find a way to pay for us to be there for SD's birthday.  It's just wicked shitty. 

by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ramita
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Why not just start doing separate parties? This way you could limit the cost to just the basics at someone's house or a local park or something like that.
Frustrated10
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Time to start having seperate parties! That way everyone will do what they can afford to do!

Raspberry393
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:31 AM
well, our situation is somewhat unique, so that's not ideal but it might now end up that way. That's not really the point though. I just don't understand why she pulls this shit. BM is not well and we accommodate a lot. We get into a nice smooth routine and work well with each other, then she creates unnecessary drama because that's what she is most comfortable with. So I vent here, put a smileon my face and go about doing what's best for SD.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)