Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

My 2 year old DD keeps asking where SD is

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:16 PM
  • 55 Replies
Last Sunday when BM picked SD up, DD was with us in the car but she was asleep. So she didn't get to tell SD bye.

And although DH and I got to tell her bye after court on Tuesday (since she'll be with BM until August 4th) DD didn't.

She keeps asking "where sissy?" I tell her she's at her mama's house. DD says, "oh."

I know she doesnt understand, and I know there's nothing more I can do to make her understand at this age.

SD is her only sibling and they are almost exactly 2 years apart. They're very close.

Just wondering if any of you went through this with your kids/skids ..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amanda_mom89
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:31 PM

I go through this with DD9.....totally normal DD9 has no concept of time so its a daily thing

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

No, I don't think it is a good idea to have my children emotionally invested in BM's child.

amanda_mom89
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:36 PM
How do you keep them from forming bonds?

I hope SD and DD stay close. They're sisters. I don't know what I'd do without my brother.

I'm guessing your kids and skids do not have dad in common? (I'm not one of those awesome people that can remember everyone's sitch) lol

Quoting leegirl_jm:

No, I don't think it is a good idea to have my children emotionally invested in BM's child.

amanda_mom89
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Yeah I know its normal. I'm just dreading the questions that are sure to come once she can talk clearly. Does or did your DD ask a lot of questions?

Quoting Tigress22304:

I go through this with DD9.....totally normal DD9 has no concept of time so its a daily thing

Quinn525
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Yes. We are custodial and the kids are 3 1/2 years apart sd14, ds10, & ds7. They grew up knowing that sd would go to moms on weekends and longer during the summer. They start to really get it at 5. Sometimes we send her videos or silly messages.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckystars2012
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Lee and her kids have basically nothing to do with her ss. Her dh doesn't even take visitation with him at home, they have basically zero bond, including between thekids.

It's very strange.

Quoting amanda_mom89:

I hope SD and DD stay close. They're sisters. I don't know what I'd do without my brother.

I'm guessing your kids and skids do not have dad in common? (I'm not one of those awesome people that can remember everyone's sitch) lol

Quoting leegirl_jm:

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:43 PM

My two children and SS are actually half-siblings, my children are very close to each other however they don't see SS often and I let them know that SS is not their sibling in the same way they are to each other since I am not his Mommy. They are happy to see each other when they do but there is no drama when they are apart.

Quoting amanda_mom89:

Quoting leegirl_jm:

Wife, Mother and Career Woman living in Jamaica

Quinn525
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Lol try explaining it when dh was bms booty call gone wrong.

Quoting amanda_mom89:

Yeah I know its normal. I'm just dreading the questions that are sure to come once she can talk clearly. Does or did your DD ask a lot of questions?

Quoting Tigress22304:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:46 PM

My husband actually has a very close bond with his son, SS.

Quoting luckystars2012:

Lee and her kids have basically nothing to do with her ss. Her dh doesn't even take visitation with him at home, they have basically zero bond, including between thekids.

It's very strange.

Quoting amanda_mom89:

Quoting leegirl_jm:

Wife, Mother and Career Woman living in Jamaica

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)