Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

I'm beginning to DETEST SS & now I'm starting to get SCARED of him.

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 5:38 PM
  • 43 Replies

Need to vent.  Here are highlights. 

Please  feel free to message me direct if you have specific comments/advice/bashes.  

- I've had it with my almost 18 y/o step son.  

- He's rude, disrespectful, won't abide by rules half the time UNLESS coming direct from dad and even THEN not always.  

- He's defiant, has gotten into trouble SEVERAL times w/cops.  He curses at me, tells me to LEAVE ME ALONE, gets made when I walk into kitchen when he's in bkfst room watching tv.  even when it's time for me to start dinner.

- makes messes he won't clean up.

- tells me to GET OUT if i'm on phone when I walk in around him.  

- he DEFIES me and even his dad on regular basis.  

- was picked up by cops (again!) some weeks ago at 4 a.m.  he'd slipped out of OUR house.  wasn't drinking and they didn't find contraband on him but he was out past town curfew, hanging out with a KNOWN trouble maker.

-  cops called dad and said either come pick him up or they were going to arrest him.  I BEGGED DH to leave him there o/night in jail...maybe it would teach him lesson.  dad picked him up and all HELL broke loose once they got home.

- SS insists he's leaving home, hates it here, going to move to another town to finish HS, live with friends.

- well it got UGLY..."Mexican Stand-off" as I've heard.  I thought I was going to have to call police.  I think his DAD was even almost afraid SS was going to attack him (SS has had 'anger mgt issues for years) 

- told he boy if he walked out the door "without parental permission"  we could/WOULD call cops, declare him runaway teen. (his leg. mom has done the same).  told him he leaves i'll IMMEDIATELY call locksmith...have all locks changed b/c once he walks out the door, he will not get back in.

- b/t/w, dad left for work left me with this mess after i BEGGED him...DON'T LEAVE ME HERE WITH THIS. 

-  there is also another term..."incorrigible teen" cops told me about.  he's there and, OUT OF RESPECT FOR DH, i've not done that.  

- on yet ANOTHER incident when i called cops to OUR home (SS's bathroom door was locked, with light on/blower going and I TRULY was concerned he was floating in the tub, had committed suicide.  i'm frantic  and called DH he said call 911...NOW! I'M ON MY WAY HOME....NOTE HE'S AN HR AWAY)  

- cops  asked me  that day, if i was ever concerned for SS safety, i.e. had he ever threatened to harm himself.    well...i lied...again out of respect for DH. (turned out he'd slipped out of house, locked all his doors b/c "I knew you wouldn't let me leave the house")

- cops broke down his door, searched his room(s).

- ok back to "Mexican Stand-Off" day...SS REFUSED to get dressed to go to work w/dad and dad REFUSED to give him permission to 'leave home, move some where else'.   again I BEGGED DH don't you DARE walk out that door and leave me with your son like this.

- DH left and all HELL ensued with SS wanting ME to give him permission to leave the house since his dad would not. I TRIED to talk him down but he wasn't having any part of it and has NEVER taken "no" for an answer.

-- Ended up I locked myself in my bedroom, with chair under the door and told him...get away from my door or I SWEAR TO GOD!!! I'M CALLING COPS TO TELL THEM YOU'RE TRYING TO BREAK IN MY DOOR! 

- SERIOUSLY Ladies?  I was scared...for MY safety.  Baseball bat, cell phone handy.

- holding off on calling cops?  well ladies...no more.  

- SS punched me recently simply b/c I grabbed back of his shirt b/c he'd swiped 2 of my cigs, wouldn't give them back.  

- when i grabbed his shirt he swung around and punched me in the chest SCREAMING ..."Don't TOUCH me...don't you EVER touch me!!!"  

- if you could have seen the ...look in his eyes...JESUS, MARY & JOSEPH...it scared the HELL out of me and I pushed him away, ran into my BR, locked the door....YET AGAIN.  

- this is not the FIRST time he's gone off like this.  there have been MULTIPLE times he just turns...ANGRY and his personality can change at a moment's notice.

- time to STOP with the trying to keep things...quiet for sake of DH.  the boy's almost 18 so no chance the leg. mom would push anything with him...besides ...she dumped SS on my door years ago and ONLY rears her head when time for "show case", i.e. parent meetings, etc. 

-- there is NO love lost between she and i yet i've started to believe some of her [stories] when the boy would get out of control at her house, SHE'D have to call dad an/or police.

- i wish i could talk with her but won't happen.  she's washed her hands of him years ago.  (Note: she never wanted kids anyway.)

- OK, so this is my sitch....I've HAD it with this kid, his attitude, doesn't want to work for yet again 6th summer.

- He treats me like SH** except when Dad's around then he says SHE'S JUST CRAZY!  I didn't DO anything!!  Then when Dad turns his back...the boy's GRINNING at me...seriously...GRINNING as in...I'll show you...I WON"

- His BR/Bath is STAFF INFECTION waiting to happen it's so bad.  and dad said don't touch it.  HE AND I WILL DO IT.  Yea... that was year ago.

---SITCH is that all this, build up of SEVERAL years, has NOW affected my health and my biz is DORMANT b/c I don't trust this kid home alone even NOW!

- Have not since he RAIDED my bedroom (yes RAIDED to include ...lingerie drawer and ALL) some years ago and never have trusted him since as he'd been caught in MULTIPLE infractions THEREIN.  Suffice it to say there is lock on my BR door.  

- DH still thinks I've over reacted on many occasions yet I now know not.  Even 1 of the boy's best friends has said I need to watch out for myself and he will come ANY time there's a problem.  Wouldn't be his 1 time.

- Have talked with 2 diff. friends, who are VERY concerned ...FOR ME.  1 who deals with mental health, trouble kids and she's seen "the handwriting on the wall.  he will turn MAJOR violent against you 1 day"...just a matter of time.  Do not HESITATE to call police when that happens! .  #2 is  "I'm scared for YOUR safety now...TOTALLY agree with your concerns.

- There are many more details skirted over.

--I'm just to the point to HECK with Dad, my DH.  I have to do whatever I have to do to protect ...MY SELF.  Sorry if it puts a "shade" on his community reputation for having his son thrown in jail yet I've had enough.

- Did I mention the boy's been with me for almost 8 yrs now THEN turned in to the demon?

This is just the overview.  

by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nlvonblah
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 5:47 PM
5 moms liked this

WHAT NO REPLIES!!!  GET THE FUCK OUT OF THERE!!!!   WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?   YOUR OWN FUNERAL?  SCREW YOUR HUSBAND, TOO.  HE SOUNDS JUST AS ABUSIVE AS THE SON!!   HE IS IN DENIAL BIG TIME AND YOU ARE ENABLING HIM  AND HIS SON'S BEHAVIOR.  GET A RESTRAINING ORDER AND GET THE FUCK OUT OF THERE ON YOUR HUSBAND'S DIME!!!  N

soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't be alone with him ever.

Stop making rules for him.

Definitely don't touch him again.

Has your ss been suicidal before? Why would you automatically call the cops why not just get in there on your own?

soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 5:55 PM

People will reply when they reply we aren't paid for this.

Quoting Nlvonblah:

WHAT NO REPLIES!!!  GET THE FUCK OUT OF THERE!!!!   WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?   YOUR OWN FUNERAL?  SCREW YOUR HUSBAND, TOO.  HE SOUNDS JUST AS ABUSIVE AS THE SON!!   HE IS IN DENIAL BIG TIME AND YOU ARE ENABLING HIM  AND HIS SON'S BEHAVIOR.  GET A RESTRAINING ORDER AND GET THE FUCK OUT OF THERE ON YOUR HUSBAND'S DIME!!!  N

kellynh
by Kelly on Jul. 6, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Seriously.. You've been a member all of what... 3 weeks... Chill Out... 

Like Sooner said,  def don't get paid to post on SMC.. 

Quoting soonergirl980:

Quoting Nlvonblah:

Group Mod

kellynh
by Kelly on Jul. 6, 2013 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't be alone with him, ever. Stop deferring to what DH thinks/feels, if you feel you are in danger in an immed situation... Call 911. Don't ever touch him, including his shirt, especially over a couple of cigarettes.

Given_to_Fly
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 6:13 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm sorry but this is all over the place. All I can say is get the heck out of dodge if you are that truly scared for your life then you will find a way out.
AmericanDream
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 6:18 PM

If you are scared... then leave.  Don't put yourself in that situation.

JustFox
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this
18 Seems to be coming fast give dad a choice either he forces the fs to get help now or he's gone by 18 if he's not ur leaving and he's paying for it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nlvonblah
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Sorry you were so offended.  I didn' realize until afer my post that she had just posted her concern.  Jez.

Quoting soonergirl980:

Quoting Nlvonblah:

Amy1973Potts
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 6:21 PM
3 moms liked this
Pack your shit and go. I wouldn't tolerate that for two seconds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)