Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Even BM's own lawyer doesn't believe her.

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:38 PM
  • 18 Replies

So for those that have been following our drama you'll remember that BM's first lawyer quit. Her second lawyer finally got her hands on the file and has stated that something in the file is troubling her and that she is having trouble believing anything that her client says and she's starting to believe BM did it for the money. It meaning started teh court battle and taking the boys back after giving DH custody.

What do you do when your own lawyer doesn't believe you? 

They have court again Monday and we have the boys until Wed. But she's still lying to them and about DH. When is this going to be over? How long before the judge sees the red flags that her lawyer of all about one month caught.

by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this
What would I do if my lawyer didn't believe me and was telling the opposing party confidential information regarding me, their paying client? Contact the state board for ethics violation. That's what I would do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tazlover01
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Well I'm glad it's not against you. lol

Quoting momof2ex1:

What would I do if my lawyer didn't believe me and was telling the opposing party confidential information regarding me, their paying client? Contact the state board for ethics violation. That's what I would do.

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Well you asked what someone would do if their lawyer didn't believe them anymore ... Hopefully mom gets smart and realizes her lawyer isn't being ethical.

Quoting tazlover01:

Well I'm glad it's not against you. lol

Quoting momof2ex1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:13 PM

It sounds like everything the lawyer is concerned about is in the file of court documents filed so far. That wouldn't be confidential information.

Also, if the other party doesn't have an attorney, then the attorney is able to speak to the othe party directly.

So, it may not be an ethics violation. 

Quoting momof2ex1:

tazlover01
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Ok then let's just say your lawyer told you that they didn't believe you. Because you are saying your ex is a horrible parent. That he doesn't take care of the children and never has. That if they get sick he never takes them to Dr and doesn't care if they are well or not. 

But these arguments come about after you gave him custody of said children for an entire school year. After you barely called or saw your children. There are records where one child needed to have some fillings for three years you never took the child. But you have asked SM to call and make a dentist appt the year before that you never took the child to. The children have never been to the eye Dr and same child needs glasses.

Those are to name a few of the complaints. What would you say at that point? What would you be able to do about that? How do you combat the fact that you are the loose straw? 

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Absolutely is an ethics violation. Regardless of where she got the information from. She has been hired to defend one party (think of lawyers who are defending the guilty, they still have to defend them to the best of their ability; and ethically should not disclose to the other party/lawyer or not, their belief regarding their client. She should withdraw if she has an issue with the case).

Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

It sounds like everything the lawyer is concerned about is in the file of court documents filed so far. That wouldn't be confidential information.

Also, if the other party doesn't have an attorney, then the attorney is able to speak to the othe party directly.

So, it may not be an ethics violation. 

Quoting momof2ex1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:58 PM
I don't know what I would say at that point. I would never be in that position.

Quoting tazlover01:

Ok then let's just say your lawyer told you that they didn't believe you. Because you are saying your ex is a horrible parent. That he doesn't take care of the children and never has. That if they get sick he never takes them to Dr and doesn't care if they are well or not. 

But these arguments come about after you gave him custody of said children for an entire school year. After you barely called or saw your children. There are records where one child needed to have some fillings for three years you never took the child. But you have asked SM to call and make a dentist appt the year before that you never took the child to. The children have never been to the eye Dr and same child needs glasses.

Those are to name a few of the complaints. What would you say at that point? What would you be able to do about that? How do you combat the fact that you are the loose straw? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:45 PM

how do you know the lawyer doesnt' believe her client?

When did she state this? ("has stated that something in the file is troubling her and that she is having trouble believing anything that her client says"). this seems very unprofessional, and might even be grounds for legal malpractice, if she said this to her adversary.

minimoo
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:10 PM
This. OP... Did the lawyer state this to you? To DH? To DH's lawyer? How did you learn about this statement?

Quoting whatIknownow:

how do you know the lawyer doesnt' believe her client?

When did she state this? ("has stated that something in the file is troubling her and that she is having trouble believing anything that her client says"). this seems very unprofessional, and might even be grounds for legal malpractice, if she said this to her adversary.

mouthyhousewife
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Bumping for reply to WIKN's comment. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)