Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Back to school is looming over head!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Amy
  • 29 Replies

Have you seen any Back to School ads yet?

Who generally pays for school supplies, school fees, etc?  Is it you and BF or does BM pay for these things?

by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:03 AM

We generally split the costs of supplies, clothes and school fees right down the middle.

KnowItAll
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:11 AM

BD usually (75% of the time) buys our 3 daughters' backpacks for school.  I buy all the clothes and supplies.  I wish the split was more even, but sadly BD says he cannot afford to contribute more AND pay CS.  :-/

Happily Married | BM to DD13  DD13  DD12 | Mom to DS7 & DS4 | CP | Not a SM

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:21 AM

DH, the NCP in our situation pays for the majority of these expenses, this year DH has requested that BM purchase the backpack and sneakers and he will do everything else. She wants the money and isn't happy.

Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:23 AM

We do it all

PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:29 AM
I haven't seen any ads in our area or back-to-school displays. Walmart hasn't even set up their college dorm section yet.

DH and I pay for all of DD's back-to-school needs.
Derdriu
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:03 PM

I haven't seen any ads yet, but wow... only a month away!  Time flies.  DH and I take care of school stuff - supplies, uniforms, tuition.  BM doesn't contribute toward education. 

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Part of me is dreading back to school, but the other part of me, the part that's had to entertain all 4 kids all summer, is looking forward to it :)

DH is CP, we pay for school supplies and whatever school fees pop up. There hasn't been any school fees so far, except for lunch and we've taken care of it. However, SD is going into middle school and it's the start of "supply fees" for certain classes. We'll most likely pay for those on our own as well.

We have 4 kiddos going back to school in the fall. Although, DD5 isn't really going "back" to school. She's starting Kindergarten.

When BM was CP DH would offer to help with school supplies and would send clothes up with SD to help with school clothes.

MrsMiles85
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:15 PM

For myself and my ex, he pays child support so I buy all of our kids clothes and school supplies.  This year I am grabbing stepdaughters stuff while I'm getting my kids stuff.  Her mom is really laid back and doesn't ask for a lot so we decided to suprise her with just taking care of it. 

packermomof2
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:21 PM

SM had nothing to do with my kids school/education, not even buying supplies.  I'll take care of that and don't need or want her help.

JLang
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:23 PM

BM pays a small amount of child support....but DH and I get to pay for EVERYTHING. Supplies, clothes, extra curriculars, etc. Child support doesn't cover half....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN