Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Back to school is looming over head!

Posted by   + Show Post

Have you seen any Back to School ads yet?

Who generally pays for school supplies, school fees, etc?  Is it you and BF or does BM pay for these things?

by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Replies (11-20):
Quinn525
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:27 PM
We do it all. Bm even refuses to pay cs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:49 PM
I ask my kids dad for a bit of extra and get all the stuff w it.

SO pays for shoes and clothes. BM got supplies and backpacks.
Leigh84
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:37 PM
DH pays for all their school fees/supplies. I hope this year BM can chip in.
luckystars2012
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:55 PM
We do everything. Even when ss lived with bm we did everything. We mailed supplies directly to his teacher after finding out that bm sent ss with a ratty holey backpack, two pencils, and a box of broken crayons for his "school supplies".
ramita
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 2:00 PM
SS's first year BM had him. She wouldn't give my DH a list of what she wanted him to get so we went to the store got one of the supply list (even though we know these are usually not as accurate as those sent from the school) and bought a little over half. He marked the things he bought off the list and left it with the bag of supplies on her front porch because she wouldn't come to the door to get them.

Last year (SS's second year of school) we bought stuff with the help of various grandparents. No help from BM, she didn't even mention him going back to school. This year it will probably be the same. We're so thankful to have grandparents who help as much as our kids grandparents do!
mz_erica03
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:47 PM

DH and I are both stepparents and we pay for everything. My ex will sometimes pay if I ask him, but he always makes a stink about it, or he buys the real cheap stuff that only last a few months. DH's ex never pays for anything. 

rocknmom85
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 5:31 PM

This year I am not sure. Bm is now local instead of out of state but her DH is still looking for a job and she is a SAHM so most likely they will not have a lot of extra money to help out with school supplies. I imagine Dh and I will buy for SD12 and SS9 and BM will buy for SD13.

Pero3
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Wow ... over here, most schools haven't even broken up yet ... we return in the first week of September!

JustaSM231
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 6:01 PM
BM usually gets supplies for oldest SD at her request and we get YSD.
Doodle39
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:12 PM

DH is the CP.  We typically pay for tuition, EC costs, school supplies.  We purchase most of his clothing, shoes, boots, coats, ect. BM does purchase some clothing, but she typically wants these items to stay at her house.  DH doesn't recieve child support or any other financial support.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)