Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Back to school is looming over head!

Posted by   + Show Post

Have you seen any Back to School ads yet?

Who generally pays for school supplies, school fees, etc?  Is it you and BF or does BM pay for these things?

by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Replies (21-29):
aeELE
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:35 PM

SS is still in preschool/daycare year round, so it's business as usual.

DH pays tuition since BM has SS on her medical. Supplies are split. When something needs to be replaced the person who sees first takes care of it. I saw his napmat had a tear, so we replaced it; BM saw the front was pealing on his lunch bag, so she replaced it, etc. :) 

elisesmom922
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:44 PM

What is supposed to happen and what does are 2 VERY different things here. SD9 wears uniforms, and they cost is supposed to be split 50/50. SD is going into 4th grade, and BM has yet to help with uniforms, siting that since she has more than one kid to buy them for(she has a son with SF), DH can just cover ALL of SD's. If we don't buy them all, SD goes without. Last year we bought all supplies and the backpack as well. BM has already bought SD's backpack for this year, so maybe she will surprise us and do well this year. I or my mom usually buy for my 2 girls as their dad hasn't had a job in over 3 years. 

minimoo
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I buy all school supplies and pay fees. Technically, bf is supposed to reimburse me for half. I don't bother- he doesn't pay his cs and owes a few grand in medical bills.

This might be weird, but I LOVE school supply shopping. It's better than Christmas shopping for me. It's one of my favorite times of the year lol
FindersKeepers
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:08 AM

We buy 100% SS school clothes and supplies bc he basically refuses to shop with his mom.   I am not exactly sure why.    It is about 60us/40BM/20grandma (yes it is 120%) for SD bc she LOVES school clothes shopping she will go with anyone that will take her. 

I hate that it is July and I am already mental stress budgeting for school clothes.    Last year we bought clothes a little at a time in increments.   The kids got a few new outfits to start the year, then a couple more the next month.  A bit for Christmas, Easter and summer.   It was a lot easier to shop this way and didn't break the bank. 

ihave1
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:58 AM

I cant wait, first year in preschool!!!

cjsmommie98
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:15 AM

I am custodial of my 14ds and i buy it all.His BF does not put forth anything,oh yeah he pays child support to the tune of 27 a week WOOHOO lol ...My dsd's are grown but we paid for them as well they live with us 

Eyelashes23
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Here school doesn't start till September 9th, I don't want to think about it lol. My ex pays child support so I don't really ask him for extra anymore. My SO pays for everything for his son, BM doesn't pay for anything
chasinrainbows
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:49 AM

BM pays for those things since DF pays her extremely well. However, she still doesn't buy much at all.

I also pay for those things for my own kids. The one time I asked my ex to pay for school supplies...he made a huge deal about it as he refused. I don't ask anymore. I just do it. It isn't worth arguing about.

chasinrainbows
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:53 AM

I always buy in increments, lol. I ordered 4 shirts and 1 pair of shorts from Hollister yesterday (teen son). When I get emails from the stores I buy from telling me what deals they have going on...then I place small orders throughout the year. Yesterday was 40% off everything in the store plus free shipping. Awesome:)

Quoting FindersKeepers:

We buy 100% SS school clothes and supplies bc he basically refuses to shop with his mom.   I am not exactly sure why.    It is about 60us/40BM/20grandma (yes it is 120%) for SD bc she LOVES school clothes shopping she will go with anyone that will take her. 

I hate that it is July and I am already mental stress budgeting for school clothes.    Last year we bought clothes a little at a time in increments.   The kids got a few new outfits to start the year, then a couple more the next month.  A bit for Christmas, Easter and summer.   It was a lot easier to shop this way and didn't break the bank. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)