Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Another which side is greener question...

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Amy
  • 28 Replies

Do your step kids, or your kids, think things are better living with you or living with their other parent?

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChelseNichole
by Chelse on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:39 AM

No, they never want to go back to Mom's when they're with us. And let me clarify...We are not running some carnival play house in our home lol...We actually have more rules and discipline.

Raspberry393
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:42 AM
4 moms liked this

My stepkid thinks it would be best if we all lived together!

Which highlights why, for the most part, I don't think children should have much say in such matters.

Derdriu
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I think most kids would choose having their parents live together.  Mine certainly don't like feeling as though they're supposed to choose one over the other.  BM asks all the time if they want to live with her, and SD tells her straight up no.  It's not a judgment on BM.  She loves her mother, but her friends and stability are here.  Further, current tensions between BM and SF puts a damper on their visitations such that they sometimes come home very angry for their mom and resenting that they couldn't just relax and enjoy time with her.  SF is really doing just about everything a SP can do to ensure a bad relationship with both SKs, especially trying to play SS's loyalties against BM when they fight.  It's sick.

Honestly, I never thought I'd say it, but the way things have gone lately, I'd almost be happy if BM were to pull up stakes and move out our direction.  She deserves better than what we're hearing, and the kids would certainly enjoy the ability to see her more often.

twinklebites
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:50 AM

My DD and DS want they same thing...Not awkward at all kids.

Quoting Raspberry393:

My stepkid thinks it would be best if we all lived together!

Which highlights why, for the most part, I don't think children should have much say in such matters.

LoveMy2x4
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:06 PM

My kids prefer to live with us (I have sole custody and they rarely see or speak to their Dad), and they would prefer that my skids lived with us full time! 

SS14 prefers to live with us and he just recently moved in full time. 

SD12 would prefer to live with us. She does not like her SF or how their home life is at BMs, but she is still primarily with BM until she turns 15 and can choose. 

SDs 11 & 8 have never expressed a preference to which home they would choose to SO or BM.

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:09 PM

my kids rather live w me.

my skids would rather live w my SO.

MrsMiles85
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:10 PM

My stepdaughter (when me and hub first got together) wanted to come live with us.  Then she realized there are rules here too and changed her tune.  ;)

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:21 PM

My bio-kids don't have another house, DH is their BD. SD prefers it here. At BM's she's drug around to where ever BM wants to go, and has to be "friends" with BM's boyfriends' kids and entertain them. SD is expected to just sit and be quiet and not bother BM.

newstepmom61811
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:23 PM

With us, hands down...older two would stop visits with BM if they could.

ramita
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:25 PM
My SS is completely happy to live with us because he knows that is the only way he gets to see all his family (my DH's family,my family, his ex-step dad's family, and his mom's dad). If he lived with his mom he knows she would do all she could to keep him away from everyone. He knows and remembers her doing it before, and believes she would do it again. He just wishes he could see his mom, but he also knows that is not our fault. That we want him to see his mom, but every time we have tried outside of court recommendations (supervised visits through visitation center) his BM throws a fit and cusses his dad out (he has seen her do it).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)