Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What does your child support go to?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:15 PM
  • 90 Replies
After seeing some posts about child support and it being lowered or raised, what does your child support honestly go towards. No judgments , I don't have much experience with cs, except my own childhood experiences. And my mom used it to buy school clothes, shoes, and wants ( toys) . But I do know a few moms who used it on themselves and or their actual ?rent. So what do you spend it on
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:18 PM
6 moms liked this

Beer and cigarettes.

abigailsmommy11
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:21 PM

BUMP!

Graceplustwo
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Lmao youre funny. But really.... you know what I mean. You made a firm stance on the side of it not being lowered , so you must share what you use it for

Quoting baparrot2:

Beer and cigarettes.

CFSTBSM27
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Hell if I know what BM spends it on all I know is SD has a nice roof over her head, extracurricular activities (when BM feels like taking her)nice clothing and plenty of toys/gadgets etc so as,far as I can tell it goes where it should.....
Derdriu
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:30 PM
6 moms liked this
CS is a reimbursement to the CP toward the kids' costs of living, so it really doesn't matter how CP spends it if they've already got the kids covered.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
minimoo
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Well...we have dd's expenses covered without cs, as he rarely pays it. It is such a surprise when it does come that we usually celebrate with pizza. The rest, if there is any, gets put into savings for a rainy day, or goes to pay a bill early, depending.
cLanief
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Bills, food, needs.
baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Graceplustwo:

Lmao youre funny. But really.... you know what I mean. You made a firm stance on the side of it not being lowered , so you must share what you use it for

Quoting baparrot2:

Beer and cigarettes.

Here is what I can tell you.

I lowered it for my ex because I felt my shark of a lwyer set it too high. He was living in poverty and I was having to see my 3 year old go to his nasty house EOWE. Then I started thinking about the grade of woman he might find considering his living conditions.

So, I lowered it, without prompting from him, and it was a considerable amount.

That was 14 years ago.

Because of being on CM much this debate has been around a while. One post many moons ago challenged women to really do the math and do it fairly.

I did it and found that I was paying way more than my share and some of his too.

It took me about a day to do. To really think about. TO make sure I was fair. I made sure I didnt include dumb extras that CS really isnt for. Like *I* decided to buy her a pair of MissMe jeans one time for 100$. That would not be fair if I tried to split that now would it. So I even got as detailed as that.

I truly believe that a good portion of moms out there on the receiving end of CS are already kinda getting the shaft and are taking on way more just to get the job done and done right fot their children. I am one of them.

So, when debates like this come up, I do fight the other side to the death.

Why in the hell would I be OK with dad doing even LESS than what he is already doing just because he made the personal choice, that *I* had no say in BTW, to bring another life into this world.

Not to mention, it would piss me the hell off to get a letter like that stating he was moving to modify a reduction in CS for a new baby. How in the hell do you think relations between me and dads co-parenting would go after that? Not good, thats for sure.

To me, it sends a very strong statement. My new child with another woman WILL take precedence over my old ones with you. It tells me...there will be more of that to come!

FloridaMomma
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Cigarettes, crystal meth, and mani pedis. ;) And, crack. Definitely lots of crack.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:49 PM

A small percentage of DH's CS goes to SS's expenses as it was intended, most goes to paying BM's huge debt.

Wife, Mother and Career Woman living in Jamaica

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)