Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SD's siblings in foster care

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:12 PM
  • 6 Replies

My husband has had full custody of my sd since Feb of this year. Shortly after he was awarded full custody, my sd's siblings in her mothers home were taken into foster care. Her mother is in and out of rehab. She goes into a new one in a couple of days which will make the 3rd one since April. She hasnt seen them in months. Has anyone had to deal with this? She is only 6 and really wants to see her sister and brothers but i'm being told I cant arrange any visits for her even tho her mother will be in rehab. BM is the one telling me I cant do anything. But If i can i want to try for my sd. We tried to see them a yesterday but when we got to dhs, the visit was cut short so she couldnt see them.

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Your husband should be able to work out some type of visitation. He can try contacting CPS (Child Protective Services) in your state and explain the situation. They may be able to work out a visit for your SD and possibly even regular visits.

jeniemarie
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:30 AM
1 mom liked this
weve had a similar situation. we have fc of ss and his mothers 2 girls were removed too. we just contacted the dhs and asked about visitaion. we didnt have a hard time setting something up. our first visit was at the office. the foster mom was nice enough to give us her number and we were able to schedule a few extra playdates afterward. alot depends on ages, the overall situation and how the foster family feels. best thing to do is find out whos the lead person and contact them about visition and go from there. good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
henson2009
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Well she has told us that they seperated the kids. My sd's sister is in a different foster home than the two boys. I called and left the caseworker a voicemail though im pretty sure ill have to call back. I think there may be more to the story than what we're being told. She goes to rehab tomorrow and says her fiance will let us know when we can take my sd up there to visit.
henson2009
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Thank you ladies for your input!

sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Jul. 17, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Why isn't your husband doing this for his DD?

henson2009
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 4:32 PM

He works from 7 until 4 monday through friday. He could probably take her every once and a while if he asks off in time but im a stay at home mom so i would be able to take her more often.  Or if something was able to be set up after 4 pm or on the weekends, he would be able to. I'm pretty sure the visits are on mondays at 9:30 am.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)