Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When nearly every post on SC is the same 3 questions recycled.

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:02 AM
  • 58 Replies

Or when you see an intro that says "hello I'm a new SM" and your first thought is "I'm sorry" or "ugh, here we go"

How do you stay fresh minded?

by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
progressandjoy
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:15 AM
5 moms liked this

I have noticed a cycle. It seems like we get a lot of new member posts, followed by ‘should the stepkids call their stepmom mom’ threads, followed by a variety of child support scenarios (although I was just as guilty of posting one this time), followed by “DH enables his kids and I don’t agree with it” topics, and then it dies down into things that the regulars post (which imo, tend to be spin offs of other topics, or an update to their situation).

About half of the new members that started the cycle disappear (usually, because they were scared off by a ‘gang of cruel and insensitive BM lovers’) and the other half stay. Of the remaining half, a small handful start posting regularly and the rest fade into obscurity and every time they do post, nobody remembers their story – which is usually negative – until a regular (usually WIKN) bumps it up.

Does that sound about right?

AnnieChristian
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:28 AM
4 moms liked this
I feel bad saying this, but I usually don't read the "new SMs" stuff if it's super lengthy. I rather when they just get to the point.

I hate when I take the time to read a long background story that has nothing to do with their question.
It's also annoying seeing posts where the member is supposedly "seeking advice" when they're really just seeking approval for what they're already doing.

To answer your question, I'm still fairly new myself and have no idea how these women who've been on her for years "keep it fresh" when responding to the same old shit. I used to think some of the women on here were "being mean" but now I understand how & why the "CM Veterans" can be so cut & dry. Weeding out the weaklings lol.
SMInProgress
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:43 AM
3 moms liked this

"Weeding out the weaklings"??? Seriously? Even in jest, I think that's rather cocky of you to say. How old are you by the way?  Some of these newbies have been around the block so to speak. There is always something you can learn from someone's stories.

You know in AA or in Al Anon meetings they say they "keeping it green". Meaning always remember how you got there. Same for these issues as well. You grow but you never outgrow them, not if you care.

Quoting AnnieChristian:

I feel bad saying this, but I usually don't read the "new SMs" stuff if it's super lengthy. I rather when they just get to the point.

I hate when I take the time to read a long background story that has nothing to do with their question.
It's also annoying seeing posts where the member is supposedly "seeking advice" when they're really just seeking approval for what they're already doing.

To answer your question, I'm still fairly new myself and have no idea how these women who've been on her for years "keep it fresh" when responding to the same old shit. I used to think some of the women on here were "being mean" but now I understand how & why the "CM Veterans" can be so cut & dry. Weeding out the weaklings lol.

jlg12678
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I kinda have no words for this reply. 

How old are you? And how long have you been a stepparent? 

Quoting AnnieChristian:

destiny83
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:47 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes I speed read through the lenghty posts, half the time I don't get through it- just go to another post. When I was newish I needed validation for my role, and that's ok as for others. Sometimes people bash TOO hard inder the guise of "what? Just giving my opinion" and that's bs too. But some of these women make it impossible for me to even want to repond anymore, I wonder what the hell they are even allowed around kids, let alone skids. Ugh. I hope I can get a fresh attitude again.

Quoting AnnieChristian:

jlg12678
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Well said about keeping it green. 

I'm also going to throw in there that no one is forced to be here or has to read/respond to the "same old shit". 

Quoting SMInProgress:

"Weeding out the weaklings"??? Seriously? Even in jest, I think that's rather cocky of you to say. How old are you by the way?  Some of these newbies have been around the block so to speak. There is always something you can learn from someone's stories.

You know in AA or in Al Anon meetings they say they "keeping it green". Meaning always remember how you got there. Same for these issues as well. You grow but you never outgrow them, not if you care.

Quoting AnnieChristian:

HighRoadToPnH
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:49 AM
1 mom liked this
How to keep it fresh? Write your own post
destiny83
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Swetheart don't engage in an argument here, just dont. But FYI I believe the thinking of "weeding out the weaklings is more for like a bitch group" and obviously others are telling you that now. I belive this is ne of THE most important groups on CM. I don't want it to turn into anything other than what it's intended for.

Quoting AnnieChristian:

SMInProgress
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Exactly. And if you think this is the "same old shit", I suggest reading history books, the bible & imperialism. Not to get all high & academic on you but there is a long history, centuries of step family issues. Different scenarios but same old story. Hate to break it to you. Same old story. Shame on anyone calling other parents or stepparents "weaklings" even in jest.  Never discount someones story or how they handle it. Disagree but never discount.

Quoting jlg12678:

Well said about keeping it green. 

I'm also going to throw in there that no one is forced to be here or has to read/respond to the "same old shit". 

Quoting SMInProgress:

Quoting AnnieChristian:

busymommy2013
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:08 AM
1 mom liked this
well I'm new here and I think CM seems like a cult full of drama, fucked up parenting, and cliques. Once you make it in, you're stuck. I've also found that it is wasting much of my time because I like reading the active posts just to see how screwed up people can be. I can see drama and never know who the hell these people are...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured