Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

BM wanted to have her son for a couple of days and she has no food?

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:55 AM
  • 7 Replies
Venting here.... My dh is out of town on business, so I'm left in charge of my step children. There is joint custody, but BM rarely sees the kids anymore by her own choosing. She did abandon her son with us and gave his room to some guy to rent when we turned her in for claiming to have her kids full time to the welfare office in order to get extra fs. We aren't on fs, but we think its bull crap that she does this. She was getting about $700 a month for 3 kids while working. We also think that she may be saying that her and her husband are separated too so that his income doesn't count against them. The lady at the welfare office was nice and said in order to stay out of trouble, she could claim one of the two kids since it was a 50/50 split. Ever since then, she hasn't had much to do with her son (he's the one that she dropped off of her case). Its starting to look like she thinks that since she doesn't get fs for him anymore, that he doesn't need to be friggin fed or even have his bedroom at her house anymore. Not to mention, when she calls, she only asks for her daughter now.<<< that was the back story.

Yesterday, my as wanted to go to his moms for a couple days, so she came and picked him up. Tonight, since it was just my de and I, I decided to take him for his birthday dinner a few days early, and make it some good quality mom and son time at the pizza place. As called right as we were pulling into the restaurant, asking if we could pick him up (he was supposed to be there until tomorrow), so I told him that his mom would have to feed him dinner because I wasn't making dinner and we would pick him up after we were done eating. He tells his step dad, and I could hear step dad in the background saying he couldn't feed him. Wtf? So I told him, I would buy extra food and he could eat when we got home. When I picked him up, I asked why he couldn't eat dinner at his moms. He told me that there is literally no food at his moms house and she gave her fs to one of her friends. Really?! I left a message to dh about this and I think we need to turn her in again both to fs office and cps! She should not be coming to pick up the kids if she can't and will not feed them! We will see what dh says. He's pretty touchy about turning her in again since the last time she flipped out on him and was trying to say that its his fault that he didn't report to "her worker" that he has the kids half the time.. hello? That's your job. You're the one whose on the food stamps, not him! She also tried getting him to lie and say that he made it all up and that she has the kids. She was pissed that he told her he wasn't going to commit fraud fro her just so she can keep taking advantage of the system... end rant!
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
busymommy2013
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:58 AM
My phone auto corrected all of the ss, to as, if this story is confusing to read...

Quoting busymommy2013:

Venting here.... My dh is out of town on business, so I'm left in charge of my step children. There is joint custody, but BM rarely sees the kids anymore by her own choosing. She did abandon her son with us and gave his room to some guy to rent when we turned her in for claiming to have her kids full time to the welfare office in order to get extra fs. We aren't on fs, but we think its bull crap that she does this. She was getting about $700 a month for 3 kids while working. We also think that she may be saying that her and her husband are separated too so that his income doesn't count against them. The lady at the welfare office was nice and said in order to stay out of trouble, she could claim one of the two kids since it was a 50/50 split. Ever since then, she hasn't had much to do with her son (he's the one that she dropped off of her case). Its starting to look like she thinks that since she doesn't get fs for him anymore, that he doesn't need to be friggin fed or even have his bedroom at her house anymore. Not to mention, when she calls, she only asks for her daughter now.<<< that was the back story.

Yesterday, my as wanted to go to his moms for a couple days, so she came and picked him up. Tonight, since it was just my de and I, I decided to take him for his birthday dinner a few days early, and make it some good quality mom and son time at the pizza place. As called right as we were pulling into the restaurant, asking if we could pick him up (he was supposed to be there until tomorrow), so I told him that his mom would have to feed him dinner because I wasn't making dinner and we would pick him up after we were done eating. He tells his step dad, and I could hear step dad in the background saying he couldn't feed him. Wtf? So I told him, I would buy extra food and he could eat when we got home. When I picked him up, I asked why he couldn't eat dinner at his moms. He told me that there is literally no food at his moms house and she gave her fs to one of her friends. Really?! I left a message to dh about this and I think we need to turn her in again both to fs office and cps! She should not be coming to pick up the kids if she can't and will not feed them! We will see what dh says. He's pretty touchy about turning her in again since the last time she flipped out on him and was trying to say that its his fault that he didn't report to "her worker" that he has the kids half the time.. hello? That's your job. You're the one whose on the food stamps, not him! She also tried getting him to lie and say that he made it all up and that she has the kids. She was pissed that he told her he wasn't going to commit fraud fro her just so she can keep taking advantage of the system... end rant!

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow... Poor kids.

That's so sad. And yea, I'd turn her in, her priority should be taking care of her kids, and that includes food. 

busymommy2013
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:08 AM
I agree
D-Town
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Our BM didn't have custody and didn't even have visitation. We found out she was claiming my SS's on her medicaid and for FS. We were told she could. So we filed the report but nothing was done.

busymommy2013
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Her worker told us that people go to prison for what she had been doing, but gave her a chance to redeem herself. I tell ya, people are just slipping through the cracks....
kim8934
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

those poor kids!  He (your hubby) doesn't need to be the one to turn her in to cps...anyone can.  If I were you, I would be the one calling it in.

elisesmom922
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Here, you get into alot of trouble for welfare fraud, ask our BM. She frauded welfare for FS and childcare to the tune of $5,000+, and is currently paying it back, is no longer eligible for either, and can't be her own son's payee for SS. she is on probation and drug tested monthly.  SF gets FS for himself and the kid though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN