Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new baby reaction | update

I've got some exciting news - DH and I are expecting!

I'm roughly four weeks along (I have an appointment in two weeks). DH and I are bursting to tell SS!

I just wanted to ask everyone - How did your kids react about the news they were going to have a sibling? How old were they when you told them? How far along were you?

UPDATE: haha. There is no keeping this in; we’ve already told everyone!

We had an easy time bringing up babies; we asked SS if he’d heard about the royal baby. SS said that he had, and we asked him what he thought about it. We just talked about how excited the Royal Family was. We brought up a few other babies SS knows; his friend has a baby brother, and my SIL is three months pregnant. We talked about cool it was to hear the heartbeat of SIL’s baby. We finally told him we were also going to add to our family and have a baby.  

SS is … on the fence. He didn’t seem very excited, but he has already suggested names and nursery colors. In a later conversation I asked him if, when I have ultra sound pictures or a recording of the heartbeat, he would like to see/hear them. He said yes. He’s brought up the baby on his own, and asked some of my family if they heard the news.

He’s not too excited about the idea, but hopefully he’ll warm up.

We also told BM. DH sent her a brief text that said, “Prog is pregnant. Just wanted to let you know in case SS had any questions.” She never responded. She called hours later, super late at night, but didn’t leave a message or anything. DH text her back in the morning, telling her he missed her call and asking if she needed anything. She hasn’t responded yet.

Anyways, thanks for the congratulations guys! DH and I are beyond excited!

by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Replies (21-30):
Leigh84
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:14 AM
I was about 6 weeks when I told them. They were really excited but I really should of waited to tell them but anyway....

Congratulations! 😃
Frustrated10
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Congratulations!

progressandjoy
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Thanks everyone for the congratulations! DH and I are beyond thrilled!

I added an update about telling SS.

amantonacci
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Congratulations!!

jlg12678
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

My son was thrilled when he found out his dad/sm were pregnant. He loves his baby sister and keeps asking when my dh and I will have one....he wants a baby for each home.

he was eight when his sister was born...bf and sm did a great job keeping him excited and involved. I think it made a huge difference. 

Congrats on your pregnancy!

JacyB
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Congratulations! :)
kellynh
by Kelly on Jul. 27, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Mobile Photo

*Posted with permission*

Skids with Grayson at the hospital 5wks ago
kellynh
by Kelly on Jul. 27, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Lol... Posted a little too soon... They come around... Was pissing from my response....

Quoting kellynh:

Mobile Photo

*Posted with permission*

Skids with Grayson at the hospital 5wks ago

Group Mod

ChelseNichole
by Chelse on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:06 PM
My SS5 isn't over the moon either. SS14 is good though. My cousins son is 3 and she is due two weeks before I am and he is thrilled! We reminded ss5 that my cousins son is getting a new baby bro/sis too. And how all of his favorite cousins have little brothers a sisters. I bought him some books about being a big brother and the hospital I will deliver in even offers a class for 3-7 year olds who are becoming big brothers/sisters. They bring a stuffed animal etc to the class. I worry a little about how he will be with the baby when he/she actually arrives... But SO seems to think he will be fine and says he has 7 months to get used to the idea lol. Good luck!!
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:53 PM
I know it's hard to keep it in! I remember that feeling. We told everyone the day before my dr appointment. And when we got there I had miscarried. I really believe people should wait, however I know it is so hard. You're over the moon and have to pretend you don't know why lol congrats.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured