Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

My husband (two week anniversary today!) and I have 3 kids, two mine and the youngest his (Casey is 11). Casey's mom cheated and split to Vegas 3 days before his 7th birthday and she has had minimal visitation since. Coincidentally (NOT) she now wants to be the school parent (court papers served to us on Valentine's Day). My husband has decided to let Casey live with his mom during the school year for a while, but we have very liberal visitation (can you say, Southwest Rapid Rewards?!?!?!?).

My husband is a construction foreman and works long hours, so before we met Casey spent lots of time with the babysitter and X-box. I have a 12 hour a day management position, am in school finishing my bachelors and have a 13 and 15 year old of my own so when we started living together, there was a lot more structure than Casey was used to and boy did he fight it. He knows his mom and dad don't have a good relationship so he plays both sides, but runs to his mother with half stories (lies actually) that generally involve me.  I should actually have tire marks from the wheels of the bus running down the front of me at this point.

Casey will always look at his mother like the fairy princess, I get that, but at this point I am tired of being hurt to the point that I really don't even want to be alone in my houe with him. My husband supports having Casey stay at the sitters until he gets home on days when my kids are with us, but I am sick to my stomach over all of this. Another part of the problem is that my husband and his ex are having a hard time admitting that there are emotional issus related to his mother abandoning him along with ADHD that she refuses to have treated. What do I do with this kid and how do I protect my marriage and save my sanity?

Signed,

Demon Wife (Casey's nickname for me)

by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Replies (21-21):
whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Let me see if I can make a guess about what your issue is:

You feel betrayed because your SS is loyal to his mother. So betrayed, that you don't want to be around him. so your husband made other arrangments so that you wouldn't have to be around him, but that was not the solution you really want. The solution you really want is to no longer feel betrayed.

Did I guess right?

Because if that is the issue, I can give you some ideas to help with that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)