Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many of the mothers here are 'driven crazy' by the fact that their ex's have had sex with someone after you divorced him?

Posted by   + Show Post

It was postuated by someone in another thread that it drives some mothers crazy that their ex-husbands are having sex with someone.

So let's hear it, moms - does it drive you crazy that your ex is sexually involved with someone?

by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Replies (11-20):
amanda_mom89
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:18 PM

I'm not a BM, but I do have an ex-fiance. I could not care less who he is or isn't sleeping with. I didn't want him and I sure as hell don't care who does.

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:20 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't think that many in this group feel that way. I think some of our more ghetto counterparts might.

I do think it bothers some BM that he moved on. Not necessarily that he is getting laid.
faerie75
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:27 PM
It does bother BM that SO moved on. She doesn't hate me though as far as I know. She showed her ass at first but didn't react anymore other than to make a few comments about me. Small stuff like so acts different when in around. She doesn't talk ba about me to anyone I know and never talks about me around te kids which is shocking because she gossips and talks about everyone else around them. She doesn't mind me around them den when SO isn't around. I do nt overstep though.

Although I left my ex I was bothered a little that he moved on so quickly but that passed quickly.

Quoting pdxmum:

I had sex after divorce, and he wasnt supposed to? I hated him that he has sex with her while we were married though.

I think reducing a BM hate for SM to she hates that her ex is having sex with someone else is simplistic and stupid. An easy answer. Sort of false pride.

I tried really hard to figure out why she hates me. Where i got to was a broke up her post divorce family. She had it all worked out, neither of them had serious significant others, she still called him on a daily basis, and she didnt have to have sex with him. It was perfect. I fucked it up.

What a silly idea that mothers hate the women their ex is having sex with.
Lasttime
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:23 PM

It only bothered me when it was while he was still married to me & living with me.  LOL

luckystars2012
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Errrr no.

And I don't think bm cared so much that J was obviously having sex with anyone. But it bothers her to no end that we are in such a happy, healthy relationship. She tried very hard to split us up. Not because she wanted him back- I never thought that for a second. She just didn't want him to he happy.
KLM426
by New Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:37 PM

I was bothered by him having sex with other women while we were married. Once we divorced, I really didn't care.

Lots of things he does drive me crazy, but having sex is not one of them.

LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:49 PM

I just choked laughing.  No I am in no way disturbed that my ex remarried and engages in sexual congress with his wife.  

My ex has in the past acted out due to my relationship with The Man.

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:56 PM

I think a very high super majority (well over 95%) of people don't really care when their ex moves on, I mean, they're an ex for a reason right?

I don't have an ex-husband, my husband is the father of all of my children. However, I can tell you that when DH and I were dating BM didn't care. When we moved in together BM didn't care. When she found out we were getting married though, she flipped the eff out. I don't think that behavior is the norm, in fact, I wouldn't say that ANYTHING this woman does is normal.

When BM found out we were getting married she started calling our house at 11pm-midnight crying and begging DH to give her another chance, she just wanted a chance to be a family (her, him, and SD) as they broke up when SD was born and BM left SD with DH. Obviously this did NOT work out the way BM hoped/planned.

When BM divorced her first husband (SF#1) he contacted DH and apologized for helping BM keep SD from DH. SF#1 said he was concerned about BM because she was STILL insanely jealous of DH and I and only wanted to destroy our marriage. At that time DH and I had been married for 4 years and were expecting our second child together.

2 years later, when YDD was about 6 months old, an old boyfriend of BM's contacted DH and also apologized for heping BM keep SD from DH and that she was very jealous of BM and I.

Randomly about 18 months ago BM came to DH and they had their first civilized conversation in nearly 10 years.

Again, I don't think she's the norm AT ALL. But, there are some crazy people out there. 

Seychelles1409
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Goodness No!  Have no feelings for him, don't think about him, don't care what he does, who he sleeps with, and am glad he has someone because that means he has a distraction, i.e, a woman that keeps him from harassing me.  In fact the thought of sex with him grosses me out!  So no, the only thing that would drive me cray would be the thought I would ever have to have sex with him again!

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL.. same here. 

EWWW.

Quoting Seychelles1409:

In fact the thought of sex with him grosses me out!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured