Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

How many of the mothers here are 'driven crazy' by the fact that their ex's have had sex with someone after you divorced him?

Posted by   + Show Post

It was postuated by someone in another thread that it drives some mothers crazy that their ex-husbands are having sex with someone.

So let's hear it, moms - does it drive you crazy that your ex is sexually involved with someone?

by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Replies (21-30):
runinpinkshoes
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 4:53 PM

I totally agree with this. It's spot on for my situation with BM too. 

Quoting pdxmum:

I tried really hard to figure out why she hates me. Where i got to was a broke up her post divorce family. She had it all worked out, neither of them had serious significant others, she still called him on a daily basis, and she didnt have to have sex with him. It was perfect. I fucked it up.

iSMILEheCRIES
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 4:55 PM
nope, well I kinda wish it wasn't with strippers (or the married women he fancies himself in love with) but I think that's more because I hoped my child's father had morals and standards. I honestly wish he would find a nice susie-homemaker type wife and settle down and have kids.
teaching_kids
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 5:18 PM
I have no doubt there are BM's who were in fact cheated on that absolutely minded. Sexual betrayal is not something women take lightly in general, let alone when there are children involved. It would take a truly emotionally honest woman to acknowledge that did in fact bother her...especially the mothers on here who are always reminding us that SM was the "other woman"

However, I also have no doubt that there are more mothers today whose sexual energy went south when their motherhood began. And sex is truly the last thing on their mind as far as Dad is concerned.

I think it's often not about sex. It's instead about delusion and illusion of power and control. I'm the mother of your children therefore I should always be number 1-no matter what. Especially and specifically when it comes to the children. And I do agree with that theory as it relates to specific topics. As a BM myself, there really are some decisions you just don't make because your not my sons mother-like putting him on ADD medication against my wishes. Now that to me is a very serious violation. But that's always Dad's fault not SM's.
As a SM, I feel the same exact way. There are just some decisions if I made them would be an enormous violation toward BM.

And these things have absolutely nothing to do with "sex"
kellynh
by Kelly on Jul. 27, 2013 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG!! No one told me I was supposed to care..... Someone better pm me a list of shit so I can be on the bitter BM list.....

sidesplittinglaughter

LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Jul. 27, 2013 at 6:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I cared when we were still married, but once I was emotionally out and he moved in with her, I pitied her; he's not nice.

Quoting teaching_kids:

I have no doubt there are BM's who were in fact cheated on that absolutely minded. Sexual betrayal is not something women take lightly in general, let alone when there are children involved. It would take a truly emotionally honest woman to acknowledge that did in fact bother her...especially the mothers on here who are always reminding us that SM was the "other woman"

However, I also have no doubt that there are more mothers today whose sexual energy went south when their motherhood began. And sex is truly the last thing on their mind as far as Dad is concerned.

I think it's often not about sex. It's instead about delusion and illusion of power and control. I'm the mother of your children therefore I should always be number 1-no matter what. Especially and specifically when it comes to the children. And I do agree with that theory as it relates to specific topics. As a BM myself, there really are some decisions you just don't make because your not my sons mother-like putting him on ADD medication against my wishes. Now that to me is a very serious violation. But that's always Dad's fault not SM's.
As a SM, I feel the same exact way. There are just some decisions if I made them would be an enormous violation toward BM.

And these things have absolutely nothing to do with "sex"

Steamedpuddle30
by Hi, my name is... on Jul. 27, 2013 at 6:13 PM
I hated the fact that he was having relations before we spilt. So,at that time heck ya,I was mad. Only bc it hurt me though.

After a year or so,I didn't care. It didn't hurt anymore.

If my dh left me,I'd be filled w hate (or an emotion) probably after or a while. Then I'd get over it I guess.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paulswifey11
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 6:16 PM

the only time it drove me crazy was when it was my supposed to be best friend and he was cheating on me while pregnant with my daughter. then he moved her in after  he kidnapped my dds and had them calling me by my name and her mommy.

SP_Mama
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 6:16 PM

I don't have an ex.  If DH and I ever divorced, I'd try my best not to think about it.  *L*  I couldn't tell you if BM ever thought about it or not, but I know when she was told I pregnant, she reacted badly.

momma2zac2006
by Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 6:18 PM
I didn't care he was having sex I cared that him and his 18 yr old (barely) gf and him were trying for a kid when he didn't take care of the ones he had. I felt bad for the gf if she did get pregnant. Bm was mad about dh & I. She got over it I guess lol
Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 6:18 PM
2 moms liked this

I think it's great my ex husband is having sex with someone that's not me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN