Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

is this healthy?

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:04 AM
  • 16 Replies
Sd just left for 2 1/2 wks to visit bm until school starts. Dd2 loves her sisters and its very hard for her when sd is gone. She cries sometimes because she misses sd. I comfort her and most of the time it helps. Last night she found sds shirt and a hanger in her room on the closet floor (I guess it fell) she put it on the hanger and slept with it like that. Then today she insisted on wearing it to daycare over her dress. She knows it's her sister's shirt and she has already asked where sd is. I told her and tried to comfort her again but this time She isn't crying. She just wants to carry this shirt everywhere. Its almost brand new so I don't mind her carrying it around and I let her wear it to school its kind of like a security blanket. What do u all think?
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cLanief
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Awww that's so cute. I don't see anything wrong with it.
MommySabs
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Absolutely adorable! And totally normal :).
HopesNDreams
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:08 AM
I see nothing wrong with it. If you don't like that it is a shirt, have SD and DD go shopping for a doll or stuffed animal next time she visits. SD sleeps with it when she visits and DD can cuddle it when she is gone.
teaching_kids
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:08 AM
She's 2. That's cute
LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:19 AM

My son does misses his sisters and will grab one of their favorite toys or their special night-nights if they are gone for more than a few hours.  

kss12
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I think that's normal depending on the relationship sk and bio kid have. I feel bad for bio kids when you have step kids because its hard for them to understand what's going on.
mamaBerg85
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:41 AM
When she comes back she will be here until Christmas break. She's here most of the time. I don't mind the shirg I actually prefer it but I do like the stuffed animal idea and I will make a note of it when she comes home. What a great Christmas gift 3 matching cuddle buddies.

Quoting HopesNDreams:

I see nothing wrong with it. If you don't like that it is a shirt, have SD and DD go shopping for a doll or stuffed animal next time she visits. SD sleeps with it when she visits and DD can cuddle it when she is gone.

MommySabs
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Do you have a build a bear near you? Maybe you could take them and they could make each other stuffies.

Quoting mamaBerg85:

When she comes back she will be here until Christmas break. She's here most of the time. I don't mind the shirg I actually prefer it but I do like the stuffed animal idea and I will make a note of it when she comes home. What a great Christmas gift 3 matching cuddle buddies.

Quoting HopesNDreams:

akm378mn
by Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Sounds normal and like DD just loves her sissy and isn't old enough to really understand why her sister isn't there. 

I can relate... my ds is 2 and he really misses his sissy when she isn't around for awhile.  My dh is noncustodial, but when we don't see sd for a week or more, ds has a hard time with it and keeps asking "sissy?"  We have started telling him "sissy is at her mom's house" and explaining that sissy has a different mama than him.  It seems like he kind of understands.  Then sd was at overnight camp for the last 2 weeks, and that was a really hard for him because it was so long since he had seen her... we kept telling him that sissy was at camp. 

Despite issues that sd and I have had recently (she's 10), my ds and her are pretty close and most of the time get along really well.  I am glad for that. 

mamaBerg85
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 11:02 AM
I thought about that once but build a bear is like $30 a bear and I really don't like sd taking any one item like that over to bms house because sd looses things there and bm has been known to sell items of sds. She once tried to sell us sds old dresser for sd to use at our house. Sd left an older style gameboy advance there once and at the time it was worth about $40 next visit bm told sd she didn't know when sd would be back and she sold it on a garage sale then handed sd $5.

Quoting MommySabs:

Do you have a build a bear near you? Maybe you could take them and they could make each other stuffies.

Quoting mamaBerg85:

Quoting HopesNDreams:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)