Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No drama mama

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:40 PM
  • 17 Replies
No one ever told me how much drama was girls can cause I have 4 of them ! One step teenage daughter and 3 of my own . Ages 21 to 8 seriously I think they are all out yo get me committed to the insane asylum. There's always someone who borrowed something of someone else's, unless its mine and apparently it's community property then ;) my husband bless his heart is in the middle of all this , we have been married for 15 years and it has been a challenge . Sometimes I feel like I'm on one of those reality shows like Survivor. I'm in much needed help fir advise on a very strong minded step daughter . It's always a battle if the my moms better than you . Ugh seriously I'm the one who takes primary care of this I want it all right now teenager . Then you throw in the mix my 13 daughter who feels like she's the brunt of everything . I will have to update more later got some drama to defuse :)
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
litt128
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I understand except I cant imagine having 3 stepdaughters. I have one and it's causing enough drama as it is. It does help  to defuse.

LoveMy2x4
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:57 PM

I have 3 stepdaughters and 1 bio daughter. 

SD12

SD11

SD8

DD7

The two oldest are a dream. The two youngest, double trouble!!

Quoting litt128:

I understand except I cant imagine having 3 stepdaughters. I have one and it's causing enough drama as it is. It does help  to defuse.

tiredmama42
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Totally understand.  Sd's 13,17, 19, 21, 22 and DD 20.   I still have a little hair.  Id give you hope but the oldest ones are the most drama.

Derdriu
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL, I've compared SPing to being on Survivor.  I told DH once that sometimes I feel we're just clinging to one another to stay on the island.  His response was that it's his fault I'm even on the island.  But yes, especially with a teenage girl in the house, there are days...

bottomline
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Girls! Why oh why must they act like that? lol 

Lisasmile4u
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Mobile Photo

KnowItAll
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:04 PM
I have a 20 year old former SD and 3 bio daughters, 14, 14, and 12. I kind of like it!
Lisasmile4u
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Oh so sorry for the confusion I have 1 step daughter one 1 step son I have 3 daughter of my own . Sometimes I forget she's not really mine . I've been her stepmom for mist all of her life . But none the less there is drama at my house 3 girls all together under my roof equals alot of drama for thus mama :)
phoenixhuntress
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Wish I could offer up some advice but I'm kinda there with ya! I grew up in a household of 5 daughters & 0 sons. My poor dad! Anyway...you'd think growing up in that dynamic I'd have been prepared for the DRAMA my 17 & 15 yr old SDs bring to the table but alas...I'm not! I have 3 DS & am amazed they deal with it as well as they do (they tend to tune out their step sisters' when they have to). When boys have "drama" they wrestle a few mins & then say "ok. who wants to play Injustice?" This is why I let DH deal with his girls & I deal with my sons. Sure we support each other in our decisions or suggest other ways to handle a situation but if I was not here he'd have to deal with them anyway & vice versa. It has really helped out a lot for us.
Lisasmile4u
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:41 PM
I think I shot myself in the foot so to speak , I've always treated my SD like my own and always felt second to the bio mom. I realize now that I was setting myself up for failure. She's going through this phase of taking every little bit self confidence I have from me . For example today I took my 2 girls and my 15 SD swimming and I mention I liked a girls swimsuit and my step D said " you couldn't wear that cuz your belly looks weird " ok mind you I've had 4 kids my stomach looks like a road map lol ugh there goes my self esteem. I know I shouldn't build my self up or down with creditably of a 15 girl but a part me does . Especially when bio mom like Malibu Barbie and I'm like the cabbage patch doll . Any advice is helpful hell it's just nice to vent :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)