Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We did it 💋💋

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:43 PM
  • 360 Replies
8 moms liked this

I was on this forum here while back then I deactivated my account. Some of you may remember me as dlolley88. If so then you know my story. Just had to come back and say ha yes we got full custody of my step son. And those who said I will never be his mom cause I'm not his real mom unless I adopted him? Well just want to say that I'm not his birth mom but now I have all rights to him as his mom. His mom has no rights what so ever. We had court yesterday and she didn't even show up. She only can see him supervised by me or my husband and thats only if we agree to let her see him. She hasn't seen him all month as she did have EOW. She ran off and married her crazy ass ex boyfriend behind her family's back, that beats her and her kids. And if you remember me you will know about that to. I'm so happy we got his crazy BM out cause all she did was run in and out of his life. We was told by BM own mom that she didn't care about her son she was only in his life then cause she thought if she was in his life EOW she wouldn't have to pay CS.

For those who don't know I will tell you as short as I can.

Back in 2007 my now DH got married to my SS BM.

In October of 2007 my SS was born.

In early 2007 my now DH still married to SS BM got a big settlement from a wreck he was in and spent most of the money on stuff for there son when he was born.

In early 2008 my now DH has no money left, DH and SS BM got into a fight BM left DH told DH to sign away his rights or go to jail cause she knew he had no more money to pay CS and couldn't work cause he was in a wreck.

In 2009 BM found out that BD got married and decided to try to steer up some stuff and started bringing there son around after almost of 2 years of not letting BD see there son. Well the drama she was trying to start up did not work cause I was ok with the fact my DH was getting to see his son. So BM stopped bring the son around for almost a year. 

In 2010-2011 BM started bring SS to our house everyday from 8am and picking him up on some days and not showing up to get him on other days along with a lot of drama.

in 2011 Drama was all over  the place still and BM was dragging her son from house to house she would let her mom keep him then the BM mom would bring him to us then BM would get mad at us for no reason other then to start stuff. 

in 2012 BM took her son away from BD and took him to live with her for 2 weeks then she took her son back to her mom's house told her she did not want him that her boyfriend told her that she had to give her son away or he would leave her. Yeap she took her Boyfriend over her own son. Then later her mom brought him to his us told us to get guardianship this was in may of 2012 and we did.

in 2013 we had my ss for a year BM did not call or come see him but maybe a few times. Then BM left her boyfriend at the time moved in with her mom, wanted to start seeing her son again so we told them yeah every other weekend. Well BM wanted to get him on weekend that was not there's and we had plans and would not change them so they could have there way and a big fight broke out and BM tried to revoke the guardianship. We got us a lawyer she lost her case my husband got joint custody and BM got him EOW. This was in June of 2013. BM got her son EOW all of June. Then in the first week of May BM ran off behind everyone's back got married to her on again off again crazy boyfriend of 3 years that does drugs beats her and her kids has cut his leg really bad in front of all 3 of her kids cause he was on something slapped my SS BM in front of them and then turned on his self. This month of July we got a message from BM family member telling us that she ran off got married, did not care about her son and that if she was us she would not let her see him, that she dose not care about him never did only wanted to be in his life the times she was cause she thought if she was in his life she wouldn't have to pay CS. Then of this Month of July 30th we went to court BM did not show up and we won our case and got full custody. 

Yes I'm happy that my ss is with us and yes happy that his BM is not in his life right now cause she is not in a good place in her life right now. She has always ran in and out of my SS life. She would come back into his life to only brake the promise that she was not going to do that to him again to only do it again. Every time her son would start to get used to having her around she up and leave and if that makes me what ever for being happy that she can no longer walk in his life and walk back out again to only hurt him that's IYO. 

happy

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Replies (1-10):
Jane2112
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:16 PM
4 moms liked this

People on this forum can be a little rude, and think that step moms have no right or reason to care about the situation their husbands are in when it comes to the stepkids.  Glad you got full custody especially if her now husband beats her and her kids.  Sad that she doesn't care about her own child.

KnowItAll
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:22 PM
9 moms liked this
I think it's good that you got custody if his mom isn't doing right. I also think it's sad that you seem so excited that this child's mother just up and left him. It's kind of disgusting. I'm all for protecting children from harm but it's not something to proclaim victory over.
bottomline
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:52 PM
2 moms liked this

I am glad the custody battle is over for you guys. I know those things get drawn out and are so emotional and expensive (at times). I know comments in here are often rude, short sided, and shoved down your throat, but take what applies and leave the rest.

I personally don't get wrapped up in the drama in here. I have a RL and forget things in here as soon as I log off. I like to share things with certain people and appreciate some perspectives. The others can crawl back under their bridges and sthu!

I am excited you can move forward and take care of your family now. Congratulations on gaining custody and adoption proceedings. That must be a relief?!

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:54 PM
2 moms liked this

I have no idea who you are.

smluv88
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:56 PM

thank you and I agree that's why I left this fourm the first time, but for those who put me down last time, I just had to come back and post one last post..

smluv88
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Quoting KnowItAll:

I think it's good that you got custody if his mom isn't doing right. I also think it's sad that you seem so excited that this child's mother just up and left him. It's kind of disgusting. I'm all for protecting children from harm but it's not something to proclaim victory over.

Well let me say this the whole story is not here, I'm excited about the fact she can no longer walk in and out of his life and that we now have the power to tell her to get in his life and stay in or get out and stay out. We tried to make things work with BM we gave her EOW back in June and she stopped seeing him all this month. My DH tried to make it where they had Joint Custody, she messed that up for her self not us. I'm happy that my step son does not have to be heart broken every time his BM walks out of his life. So if that seems disgusting to you thats you. She has been doing him that way for 4 years, so your miss understanding this. His BM is not a fit mother that needs to be around her kids, she sets there and lets her husband beat her kids and not say a word about it and they also do drugs, so yes I'm very happy to get her away from my step son. I don't care if she wants to see him later on it life when she has her life straight and away from that crazy husband of her's but it will always be suppervised. 

smluv88
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Quoting bottomline:

I am glad the custody battle is over for you guys. I know those things get drawn out and are so emotional and expensive (at times). I know comments in here are often rude, short sided, and shoved down your throat, but take what applies and leave the rest.

I personally don't get wrapped up in the drama in here. I have a RL and forget things in here as soon as I log off. I like to share things with certain people and appreciate some perspectives. The others can crawl back under their bridges and sthu!

I am excited you can move forward and take care of your family now. Congratulations on gaining custody and adoption proceedings. That must be a relief?!

Thank you very much. 

Doodle39
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Congratulations on documenting what you needed to protect your SS. My DH was recently granted full custody. It's been an emotional journey. However, keep in mind that supervised visits with full custody is different than terminating parental rights. I'm not saying it to be a downer, just because I know our journey and more importantly SS's is just beginning. I have to agree with KnowItAll in the fact that its a double edged sword that BM didn't show. BM in our situation to date hasn't made arrangements to see SS since the order has been put in place that her visits must be supervised. He's beginning to ask about why he hasn't seen her or why she hasn't called. I'm glad we don't have to send him without supervision, but I'm saddened that he has to deal with the abandonment. It's a victory of sorts because you have the ability to protect the child, but there's only so much you can't protect them from. I will never replace his mom, or take away the wondering of why she isn't present. How old is your SS? How's he handling not seeing BM? What are your feelings about her lack of involvement?
OvrMyHead
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats!

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Well la-dee-fucking-da
Posted on CafeMom Mobile

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured