Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Prayers for peaceful passing please

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:04 PM
  • 16 Replies

My s/o's dad has been ill for a year with cancer. Has gone downhill quick in last few months. Keeps bleeding. Nothing more they can do to stop the bleeding. He signed the paper for no further treatment today... Tears typing that even though I totally support his choice. No need to prolong suffering. 

I love this man! My dad passed from cancer in 2000 and he is the first man since that I have admired so much! He was a simple yet supremely smart man who never thought there was something he couldn't do. Could fix anything! 

PAY while ago I got him a shirt that said:engineers motto: if it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it. He wasn't an engineer by degree, but self taught. He loves that shirt and its so him. He was retired and always tinkering with things for fun! 

He loved my daughter just like his own grand kids! Would teach her things. Had the patients of a saint! Would always have daughters favorite candy at his house! 

In a way it feels like I am losing mt dad again. I hope that doesn't sound selfish.

anyway if you pray all I ask is prayers for a peaceful passing for him. Oh and that his other son that lives out of state gets here before Terry passes.

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
finnbar
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:06 PM
I am sorry you are losing another dear old man. May he go softly
ROBIN-C
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Quoting finnbar:

I am sorry you are losing another dear old man. May he go softly

He isn't what I would consider old,lol! He is right around 60.

my dad was 48 when he passed in 2000.

s/o's dad is/was very young at heart. Never would guess his age by his activity level prior to a few months ago. 

Melina74
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:16 PM

I am so sorry! Hugs.

whatIknownow
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:17 PM

60 is young.

Saying prayers for your FIL.

pepper504
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Will do.  Lost my dad's mom to lung cancer 12 years ago and lost my mom's mom a year ago to a stroke.  She had a brain bleed shortly thereafter and was in a coma for a week until she passed away peacefully.

I do hope that Hospice is invovled and if so, they are wonderful.  Use them to lean on in this time of need.

You are in my thoughts and prayers, Robin. Hugs.

jules2boys
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:28 PM

I'm so sorry for your family.  May his passing be peaceful and your loving memories of him keep you smiling through your tears. 

ROBIN-C
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Quoting jules2boys:

I'm so sorry for your family.  May his passing be peaceful and your loving memories of him keep you smiling through your tears. 

Thank you... That made me smile and cry

Chibi_Kitten
by Krystal on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:31 PM

:( I wish you and your family all the best.

spicy0425
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Sending my prayer.

ROBIN-C
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Quoting pepper504:

Will do.  Lost my dad's mom to lung cancer 12 years ago and lost my mom's mom a year ago to a stroke.  She had a brain bleed shortly thereafter and was in a coma for a week until she passed away peacefully.

I do hope that Hospice is invovled and if so, they are wonderful.  Use them to lean on in this time of need.

You are in my thoughts and prayers, Robin. Hugs.

Not sure about hospice. He has been in hospital due to the bleeding. He was suppose to be moved to an inpatient hospice facility today, but not sure if that happened or not. 

S/o lives an hour from me and doesn't like talking about things so I only get bits and pieces of info as he wants to share them.

i want to go to the family home, but don't want to intrude. So I am waiting for s/o to tell me to come. I have already offered to come, just tell me when he wants me there. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)