Has anyone gone through the process of contesting a move? BM informed DH of her plans to move back in April. DH immediately contested and the initial case management hearing was scheduled for 2 weeks from now. Since that time, BM has offered a settlement and BM and DH have attended mediation together. Nothing has been agreed upon.
SS is to start school the day after the initial hearing. BM is waiting until this hearing to register him for school/classes. In DH's prior court experience, no final decisions will be made at the case management hearing. BM thinks the judge will make a decision as to where he will attend school on this date. BM is also waiting to enroll SS in extracurricular activities until after this hearing. That means both parties will be covering late fees and SS will miss a good number of practices.
Does anyone have experience with this? Is it likely that the judge will tell BM yes or no on the move at the case management hearing? Or is she just being hopeful? I hate that this leaves SS in limbo on the whole thing too.