Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

From NCSM to CSM

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:23 PM
  • 41 Replies
If you have had this experience do you have any advice? Warnings about unforseen challenges?

I've been a NCSM for 3 years. Now, custody has changed and DH will be CP.

I'm already hypersensitive about not overstepping into BM's place. I'm just anxious/nervous that I'm somehow gonna screw this up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Melina74
by Melina on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Same for me, I literally am a week into CSM from NCSM.  So far I have just been living my life as normal, besides the extra cooking ;), and have been letting DH do all the school stuff, I'm just a support person.  DH has been keeping BM apprised of school schedules, band stuff etc.  BM and DH did put me on the pick up list for the kids at school, and she has ok'd me taking them to the doctor, stuff like that.  But I'm like you, I have been very wary, and very cautious about my role.

annabl1970
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:35 PM
No advices here. I just stopped by to wish you best best if luck:)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annabl1970
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leegirl_jm
by Platinum Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Good luck!!!

DeliteCrazy
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Why was there a custody switch?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amanda_mom89
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:46 PM
DH filed a motion to modify..mainly based on BM's instability. BM willingly gave up custody the day of court, which was really the best decision she could make for herself and SD at the time.

She has had SD since the day of court (July 2nd) for summer vacation but we pick her up on Sunday.

Quoting DeliteCrazy:

Why was there a custody switch?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amanda_mom89
1 mom liked this
Thank you :)

Quoting annabl1970:

No advices here. I just stopped by to wish you best best if luck:)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amanda_mom89
Thank you :)

Quoting leegirl_jm:

Good luck!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amanda_mom89
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Well SD hasn't even been here since court. BM asked to go ahead and get 30 days of summer visitation..which DH agreed to. But we pick her up this Sunday :)

But she starts prek on Aug 26th!

Quoting Melina74:

Same for me, I literally am a week into CSM from NCSM.  So far I have just been living my life as normal, besides the extra cooking ;), and have been letting DH do all the school stuff, I'm just a support person.  DH has been keeping BM apprised of school schedules, band stuff etc.  BM and DH did put me on the pick up list for the kids at school, and she has ok'd me taking them to the doctor, stuff like that.  But I'm like you, I have been very wary, and very cautious about my role.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leigh84
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this

It is a big change. Follow your dh's lead, I know your heart is in the right place. You will be fine. shake hand

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured