Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

At the surgery....

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:46 AM
  • 217 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm in the cafeteria because I decided it isn't worth risking bm making a scene and stressing her dd out even more. My bf talked to her social worker and she told my bf she could lose her job for saying this and its off the record but she rather have me at the surgery than the child's mother because I'm more of a support and positive influence(for those who didn't see my last post bm is an alcoholic and has caused all kinds of problems. We have his dd full time and her only rights are a one hour visit once a week, she's missed her last two because she's been intoxicated. Ridiculous...:/ I feel so bad for his dd but she really doesn't seem to care anymore. I know she does deep down though I'm sure.) So I was in the preop waiting room until bm got up there and when she saw me she was so nasty and when we both got up she was like oh take your little girlfriend downstairs. In a way I understand her it must suck but really to talk in front of your child like that? Smh...just had to vent a little bit while I'm sitting here bored. 

by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:51 AM
2 moms liked this

Any social worker who breaches her code of conduct like that I wouldnt trust anything she says. Not cool.

But hey, dont sweat it. Just play cool and be there for your BF. She may be having problems but her little girl is having surgery today.

packermomof2
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:54 AM
2 moms liked this

I hope someone slips and gets the biased caseworker reprimanded.  You don't have his daughter at all.  You live in the house with your boyfriend who has custody of his child. 

Had you stayed away it wouldn't have happened.  You are not innocent here.  You knew she didn't want you there, you knew she could cause a scene, and you, in your infinite wisdom at 19 years old decided to poke the bear. 

Both adults are guilty here, dad for bringing his 19 year old trophy piece and mom for letting dad get to her.

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting packermomof2:

I hope someone slips and gets the biased caseworker reprimanded.  You don't have his daughter at all.  You live in the house with your boyfriend who has custody of his child. 

Had you stayed away it wouldn't have happened.  You are not innocent here.  You knew she didn't want you there, you knew she could cause a scene, and you, in your infinite wisdom at 19 years old decided to poke the bear. 

Both adults are guilty here, dad for bringing his 19 year old trophy piece and mom for letting dad get to her.

Oh this is the 19 year old girlfriend one? ughhhh

sophiesister2
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Quoting baparrot2:

Any social worker who breaches her code of conduct like that I wouldnt trust anything she says. Not cool.

But hey, dont sweat it. Just play cool and be there for your BF. She may be having problems but her little girl is having surgery today.

Oh I know she has been trying to give bm some sort of custody all along but I think the visit where she showed up intoxicated was the straw that broke the camels back. And ik but the thing is she pretty much just makes everything about herself from what I can see. Hopefully everything is going well and she's being comforting to her dd

LoveMy2x4
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:59 AM

At least her Mom bothered to show up! And sober!!!!

sophiesister2
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting packermomof2:

I never said I had her....guess some people have to find something bad to say but hey that's cafemom for you. Without miserable people this site probably wouldn't be as interesting.

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting sophiesister2:

Quoting packermomof2:

I never said I had her....guess some people have to find something bad to say but hey that's cafemom for you. Without miserable people this site probably wouldn't be as interesting.

No, you keep saying "we".  There is no we in this situation.

sophiesister2
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Quoting LoveMy2x4:

At least her Mom bothered to show up! And sober!!!!

I know! And who knows he told me he could smell alcohol on her at the appointment 2 days ago :/ it truly is a disease. She called yesterday when he had just talked to her 10minutes ago to tell her what time to be at the hospital and said she didn't remember they even talked. It is sad...especially for their dd

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting sophiesister2:

Quoting baparrot2:

Oh I know she has been trying to give bm some sort of custody all along but I think the visit where she showed up intoxicated was the straw that broke the camels back. And ik but the thing is she pretty much just makes everything about herself from what I can see. Hopefully everything is going well and she's being comforting to her dd

Didnt you say she was 40? All 40 year olds are drunks! LOL! But usually because we are done rearing children. And we dont really call it "drunk" we disquise it as "cocktails" LOL!

But no, if I had to go see a social worker about my child, I would NOT be drinking. But if she is an alcoholic, that is a whole other level. She just needs help. But is going to have to get it herself.

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:10 AM
10 moms liked this

It is more important for her mom to be there, than her father's girlfriend of 6 months.

One day hopefully the mom will get her act together and be able to be more involved in her daughter's life. Until then, these opportunities are very important and the daugher will remember all her life that her mom was there for her surgery. This kind of involvement by mom should be supported and encouraged, for the daughter's sake.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN