Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

So...we didn't get to move this weekend. :/

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 6:09 PM
  • 6 Replies

I took yesterday and today off of work so that we could move this weekend and be done by Sunday before SD comes home. (We're moving from a 2br/1b to a 3br/1.5b in the same apartment complex)

Well Monday I went and asked how soon we could get the key. She said "Oh I haven't looked at the flooring in there yet. I'll probably have them replace it. I'll let you know." I told her ok and mentioned that I wanted to be done moving by sunday.

Tuesday I stopped by and she confirmed that they were going to replace all the flooring in the new apartment first. They were going to do it Thursday. Ok, frustrating..but at least it will have new flooring. Thursday afternoon I stop by to pay rent and she says that they're doing the flooring on friday..we can move in saturday. UGH. I told her thank you for letting me know. (genuinely, not sarcastically) Then she says..."Unless you want to just wait a week or two..then you can move into a 3 bedroom that's 2 doors down from where you are and I've got another family I can transfer to the one you were going into."

I like the location much better..especially since we already know our neighbors. And I like that now we aren't moving to a new place before SD comes home. "Hey! SD, while you were gone...we moved."

But it is still frustrating because now I don't have more time I can take off of work. I'm already requesting some time off in september to go to my best friends wedding. So now I have to move in the evenings after work. Wah wah..I know.

Anyway...SD will be here Sunday!!!!! She goes back to BM on August 14th (BM's induction date) and will stay through the weekend. Then school starts Aug 26th!! 

by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
theshanster17
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Hope the move goes smoothly. Moving sucks!

amanda_mom89
by Gold Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Thank you..it really does. :( 

The extra space will be really nice though. And for only $30 more in rent. Hopefully this will be our last move for a WHILE. 

Quoting theshanster17:

Hope the move goes smoothly. Moving sucks!

elisesmom922
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Something similar happened to us, but I was the pregnant one at the time, lol. not so fun, but luckily my in-laws were close, and helped alot. Glad you will like this place better though, hope the move goes well.

amanda_mom89
by Gold Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Oh goodness I can't imagine moving while pregnant. That must ultra suck. Yep, SD is pretty excited to have another little sister. She has my DD here (age 2), her little brother at BM's (2 in september) and soon to be here baby sister (there will be 4 years age difference). Thank you!

Quoting elisesmom922:

Something similar happened to us, but I was the pregnant one at the time, lol. not so fun, but luckily my in-laws were close, and helped alot. Glad you will like this place better though, hope the move goes well.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Aug. 3, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Sorry it's frustrating, but having 2 full bathrooms will be really nice. :)

amanda_mom89
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this
It's 1.5 bath. The bathroom off the master bedroom has a toilet and sink. No tub or shower.

But yes..it will be nice. Heck. It will be super nice to have that 3 red bedroom. I'm excited.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Sorry it's frustrating, but having 2 full bathrooms will be really nice. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN